Sway Bar light blinking after Evo Quarter Pounder Install.

thedrod

Hello all,

Tonight I used what little daylight I had left to cut the frame, rotate the sway bar motor and install my evo vacuum relocation kit in preparation for putting my quarter pounder bumper on.

Started up the Jeep and everything was good.

As soon as I started driving the sway bar light starts blinking and won't stop.

I pulled over, shut off the Jeep. Unplugged the connector, looked good and clean, and plugged it back in.

Started up the Jeep and sat there for a bit. No sway bar light.

Started driving and soon as I turned the corner the light starts blinking again and won't stop.

Does anybody have any insight to this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

StrizzyChris

trace the wires. you may have cut them when cutting the air-dam bar off or pinched them somehow along the way while installing.

thedrod

trace the wires. you may have cut them when cutting the air-dam bar off or pinched them somehow along the way while installing.

Thank you.

I will double check tomorrow when the sun is out once again. I was pretty careful to not touch the wires with the cut off wheel.

"I find your lack of daylight disturbing."

thedrod

Just curious: Can you disconnect the sway bar via the switch and get the light to go steady?

I have not confirmed yet if the sway bar is actually connected or not.

That being said, I did put it in 4-LO and hit the sway bar button. The light did not go solid, it continued to blink.

thedrod

I realized what happened. The draglink turnbuckle was turned in such a way that when I was driving it damaged the plug/harness in its new rotated position.
Good thing I was proactive and ordered my evo knob.

Coloradan

I realized what happened. The draglink turnbuckle was turned in such a way that when I was driving it damaged the plug/harness in its new rotated position.
Good thing I was proactive and ordered my evo knob.

I had the same thing happen, but thankfully mine didn't damage the harness. I ended up flipping my e-disco the other direction.

Top Bottom