Calling all Arizonans - Table Mesa, AZ Run 2/21

FastZach

Looking for some fellow Arizonans to meet up and do some wheeling out at Table Mesa this weekend 2/21

Gonna be my dad and mom w/ 2014 JKUR on 37s, my wife and I in a green XJ on 35s.

Looking to run Lower and Upper Terminator. Don't know to much about the other trails but definitely willing to run something else (die hard, predator??)

Family friendly run and should have great weather.

Meet at 10am at the parking lot just off I-17. Air down and then off to the trails.

Post up if you want to join!

FastZach

Wish we could do Sunday but doesn't work with obligations at church. Maybe we could hook up for a different run sometime

RC3

I am interested in joining you. I don't know anything about these trails, how would you rate them?

RC3

The terminators are about a 3. Some harder obstacles but they have bypasses.

What are your rigs specs?

I have JKUR with 3.5" lift and 35s. I'm sure I'll be fine, I was just asking because I don't know these trails. I am planning to be there with my wife and daughter (4 years old).

Can you give me any more info about the meeting location. How far from the freeway?

20150124_142412.jpg

FastZach

I-17 North to Table Mesa exit. Cross over the 17 then hang a right. Stay right for maybe a mile and you'll see the dirt lot on the left.

piefra

Hi all,

It is wonderful to see that there is some activity out here. I won't be able to join this, but hopefully there will be more runs like this.

Take lots of pictures, I am curious of what to expect from the trails out here :)

FastZach

I will be there, ready to roll by 10. :thumb:

I bummed to say this but I won't be able to make it tomorrow.. Unfortunately, the shop that is installing the PSC hydro kit is super backed up and is about 15 days behind.:mad::naw: So it won't be done till next week.

I'm willing to postpone this trip till March 7th if you're available? Let me know if that works or not.

Again, really sorry but its hard to wheel a Jeep that doesn't have any steering:doh:

-Zach

firecrew1

I may be able to do the seventh. this weekend didn't work out for me, but would love to get in a run before fire season begins

RC3

Well I headed out alone Saturday morning and met a couple of guys in WJs at the gas station who were going to Lower Terminator, so I followed them. We had really good run going on the first big obstacle and then we were over run by the ArizonaK5 Club. They were all in full-sized Blazers with full-sized egos and full of beer. Apparently we were not moving fast enough for them, so they decided to pass us up on the rocks. The first guy made it around ok, but #2 got a little heavy on the skinny pedal and flopped it over on the side. So then we were stuck in between all these guys. All we could do was wait for them to upright the Blazer and watch the carnage that ensued. We finally made our way on up the trail to Tip Top Mine and then ran into all of the Blazers on our way back out to the highway. It had been about 3 hours and they had traveled less than 2 miles. Out of the 8 Blazers, 7 of them had broken something - 1 rear axle, 1 front drive shaft, 1 rear drive shaft, 1 windshield, 1 flat tire and a LOT of body damage.

We also came across this very cool rock buggy, that made us all look like amateurs.

All in all, we had a great day. As for the trail, Lower Terminator was rougher than I expected, but very fun.

Attachments

• 1424643846573.jpg
    1424643846573.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 1424643890290.jpg
    1424643890290.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 53
  • 1424643929249.jpg
    1424643929249.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 1424644068514.jpg
    1424644068514.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 1424644104034.jpg
    1424644104034.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 54

FastZach

Glad you made it up there still.. Sorry again about bailing. Hopefully we can get a good group together in the future

firecrew1

Top Bottom