offroad light security

Tanner505

I'm wondering if anyone is running any security hardware on there offroad lights, I currently run the Carolina metal masters light bar locks but I'm looking for a good lock system for my dually d2s on the a pillars :)

SilverBack

I've seen a few videos fro a dude in South Korea, where he says Carolina Metal Master will make custom security hardware but Im' not sure how custom they will go. I also would like to secure my Duallys on my A-Pillar.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Another option you can do is use epoxy caps.

We use them in the Navy to prevent tampering on sensitive engineering equipment.

Very easy to install, a bitch to remove.

All you need is a tube/pipe with a diameter slightly larger than the bolt or nut's head you are looking to protect. Place the tube over it, pour in the epoxy so that the head of the bolt/nut is completely covered allow the export to cure then remove the tube or cut it off just above the epoxy. Cardboard tubes work best so that you can peel them off afterward. I would recommend pre-cutting metal tubes/pipes if you want to use them for the mold.

Depending on the epoxy you choose, it may only be removed with a chisel or an angle grinder.

Tanner505

I'm wondering if the ici light locks will work, my biggest concern is the length of the bolt itself, I'm running poison spyder light bar brackets and poison spyder a pillar mounts and I'm not exactly sure what the length of bolt I would need is

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Good questions. I have worried about the same thing. One reason I dont have any. The other, i am a very good procrastinator.

Tanner505

Good questions. I have worried about the same thing. One reason I dont have any. The other, i am a very good procrastinator.

I run gorilla 781s bolts right now but they are a pain in the ass to install and they look terrible

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
i would think some red or green loctite would do pretty well. or would the bolts break trying to get them off?

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Hmm. I would have thought it was similar to a locking lugnut. Interested to see the pics.

Now quit typing and get to workin out. :)

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It's a bit of a pita to to do, but once you get everything set up you can fill the bolt heads with solder. That makes it difficult to use regular tools to unbolt everything and, if you have to, you can heat up the solder to remove it.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
It's a bit of a pita to to do, but once you get everything set up you can fill the bolt heads with solder. That makes it difficult to use regular tools to unbolt everything and, if you have to, you can heat up the solder to remove it.
. That is a neat idea for torx or allen head types.

Kalums

I did this with my Daylighters but I actually soldered around the bottom of the nut on the bolt threads. I also used blue loctite 😊

Top Bottom