Too Good To Be True?

Guy made me a very good offer for a set of 4 BFG KM2 35's with 80% tread left.

Only catch is the tire shop seemed to have damaged them when removing them.

Some of them have some damage on the outer layer of the side wall. It's not all the way through.

Says it can be easily fixed by vulcanising them.

I hardly drive my Jeep as I'm an expat and work overseas most of the time. So won't be running huge miles on them.

Basically gonna end up paying $50 a piece.

Is this worth pursuing or am I wasting my time?

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 3.jpg

STAY AWAY FROM ANY TIRE THAT HAS SIDE WALL DAMAGE ESPECIALLY THAT CLOSE TO THE BEAD.

If it is too good to be true then it is.

JMHO

R/
Will

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That doesn't look like damage a tire shop would do. A cut on the bead, sure I've had it happen, but that looks like trail damage. I wouldn't run.

JKbrick

I'm no tire expert but I would not haul my wife or daughter around in a rig with tires like that. How the heck did they do that removing them? Seems they should be responsible for the damage in my opinion

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Sounds like bs. You can't really fix sidewall damage and that is pretty bad actually.

A retread is a different thing done on the tread, but not a DYI project at all. That is factory work. And retreads are not great either, but have their place in the tire world.

Run

stweasel

I can see the chords, which means your more likely to get separation or a bubble in that area. That looks like trail or curb damage even a crappy tire machine wont take a chunk out like that. So the story is fishy and I wouldn't trust the guy who is offering them to you.
photo 1.jpg

But then again he may use this tire shop:idontknow:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
That doesn't look like damage a tire shop would do. A cut on the bead, sure I've had it happen, but that looks like trail damage. I wouldn't run.

I'd have to agree here. You would have to be a serious jackass to cause that damage mounting or dismounting. I wouldn't even run those as a spare. I'd personally stay away.

jeeeep

Hooked
run away quickly!! those tires are scrap, even a retread requires a good casing and that would not pass.

Top Bottom