Level Kit Question

WaffenRFD

So I am trying to level the factory rake of my 4DJK I know teraflex makes a level kit but I dont want to buy the kit because I want to get a pair of the JKS Quicker Disconnects as opposed to paying the extra 40 bucks for links Im just going to throw away my question is can I just buy 1" spacers for the front to level my JK or should I buy the 2" spacers for the front and the 1" for the rear like in the teraflex kit has in it?

Thank you for the help and sorry for the noob question

catahoula

Caught the Bug
So I am trying to level the factory rake of my 4DJK I know teraflex makes a level kit but I dont want to buy the kit because I want to get a pair of the JKS Quicker Disconnects as opposed to paying the extra 40 bucks for links Im just going to throw away my question is can I just buy 1" spacers for the front to level my JK or should I buy the 2" spacers for the front and the 1" for the rear like in the teraflex kit has in it?

Thank you for the help and sorry for the noob question

Yes you can buy single spacers. If you purchase all spacers it might end up costing you more then just purchasing the complete kit. You can always find slightly used like I did. There are several companies that make them as well.

I went with 2 in front and one in rear with 18/59 springs. I see you have a JKU and mine is a JK.

Last edited:

WaffenRFD

Yes you can buy single spacers. If you purchase all spacers it might end up costing you more then just purchasing the complete kit. You can always find slightly used like I did. There are several companies that make them as well.

Thanks! The kit is 160 I can buy just the spacers for 120 or just two 1" spacers for the front for 25 bucks so I just wanted to make sure it would level the jeep out if I just bought 1" for the front

Napalm

You can buy single spacers but if you want to improve your ride you could get the EVO level. It gives you a level stance and plush ride coils in the front giving you a really smooth ride.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Are just looking to level it or do you want a little bit of room for bigger tires?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thanks! The kit is 160 I can buy just the spacers for 120 or just two 1" spacers for the front for 25 bucks so I just wanted to make sure it would level the jeep out if I just bought 1" for the front

It would help. I guess it depends the rate of coils you have. They can be anywhere for 17-19's in the front. I have seen a lot of Sahara's with 17's...don't know what you have. If you really think about it, if you install the 2" in front and 1" in rear you would get a little lift. Very easy to install. Just torque to specs and you will be good.

WaffenRFD

Are just looking to level it or do you want a little bit of room for bigger tires?

Im just looking to level it I was able to purchase 17" Willy wheels and BFG Mud-Terrain tires for now I dont plan on really lifting for about a year or two just want to change the stance of the jeep without spending too much if I plan on lifting it down the line

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Im just looking to level it I was able to purchase 17" Willy wheels and BFG Mud-Terrain tires for now I dont plan on really lifting for about a year or two just want to change the stance of the jeep without spending too much if I plan on lifting it down the line

Just throw some 1" spacers up front.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Oh ok. I ask because the Ive got a 2.5" budget/leveling kit. Its a bit higher but let me know if you want more info.

How will a 1" level lift in the front affect the jeep in terms of handling. Is it so little that you do not have to think anything about casters, symetrics and stuff like that? Any brackets or somethink like that needed for that tiny lift?

Have a stock jeep so know nothing about any kind of lift but plan to buy some bf goodrich ta ko2 tire that are just a little bit bigger compare to stock ( 275/75*18 ) and maybee this 1" level lift could help the tires to fit if there is any space isue at all.

thanks

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
How will a 1" level lift in the front affect the jeep in terms of handling. Is it so little that you do not have to think anything about casters, symetrics and stuff like that? Any brackets or somethink like that needed for that tiny lift?

Have a stock jeep so know nothing about any kind of lift but plan to buy some bf goodrich ta ko2 tire that are just a little bit bigger compare to stock ( 275/75*18 ) and maybee this 1" level lift could help the tires to fit if there is any space isue at all.

thanks

I didn't notice anything negative when I had mine.

da10a

Ki It depends on the tire size you wanna run. If you just wanna level the ride, I say go 1/2 to 3/4 inch higher up front to avoid ending up ass low with a full tank of gas and gear out back.

Cause the last thing you want, is having the front higher than the rear. Cause this looks ten times worse than the opposite that you are trying to fix.

Never forget that the jeep sitting still on level ground is one thing, but when you are moving on the road with your foot 90% of the time on the throttle, the front end goes up when accelerating. So a levelled jeep on level ground will be ass low as you are moving forward on the road.

Just pay attention, and you will see that as much as the rake is obvious on a parked stock jeep in a parking lot, it is hardly noticeable when you see one pass in front of you on the road.

Last edited:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

EVO leveling kit with stock fenders and Rubicon tires. The new front springs are worth the little bit extra. Northridge4x4 has good pricing, free shipping, and no tax to California...not sure where you're located.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424565474.278986.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424565500.999167.jpg

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Ki It depends on the tire size you wanna run. If you just wanna level the ride, I say go 1/2 to 3/4 inch higher up front to avoid ending up ass low with a full tank of gas and gear out back.

Cause the last thing you want, is having the front higher than the rear. Cause this looks ten times worse than the opposite that you are trying to fix.

Never forget that the jeep sitting still on level ground is one thing, but when you are moving on the road with your foot 90% of the time on the throttle, the front end goes up when accelerating. So a levelled jeep on level ground will be ass low as you are moving forward on the road.

Just pay attention, and you will see that as much as the rake is obvious on a parked stock jeep in a parking lot, it is hardly noticeable when you see one pass in front of you on the road.

Haven't noticed any of the level sitting Jeeps ass low while driving down the road...you're not accelerating 100% or even 90% of the time you're driving either.

StrizzyChris

Just throw some 1" spacers up front.

This! Don't waste your money on a "kit" to level the front your jeep. All you need(for a stock jeep) is a 3/4" or 1" pacer in the front and call it a day. If you have a heavy aftermarket bumper or a winch weighing down the front, then you'll need more like a 1.5" spacer.

Bought a 1,75 inch to the front and 0,75 inch to the rear. Maybee I should have bought smaller like only 1 inch to the front. However, done is done and to much hazzle to change since i live in sweden.

Reasson is i want 33" tire to fit.

Since I got 1,75 to the front by mistake we can say, will I now need new bumpstops? Or will the original work with the 1,75?

The rear is only 0,75 so I guess that is no problem at all.

Do have brake lines extenders if necessary. How about the stock shocks in the front? work ok or bad idea?

TheDuff

Bought a 1,75 inch to the front and 0,75 inch to the rear. Maybee I should have bought smaller like only 1 inch to the front. However, done is done and to much hazzle to change since i live in sweden.

Reasson is i want 33" tire to fit.

Since I got 1,75 to the front by mistake we can say, will I now need new bumpstops? Or will the original work with the 1,75?

The rear is only 0,75 so I guess that is no problem at all.

Do have brake lines extenders if necessary. How about the stock shocks in the front? work ok or bad idea?

You will not need bumpstops for 33s, but you will get minor rubbing on the front fenders under full articulation. Trimming the fenders is a free solution. I would however be more concerned with the coils going solid under full stuff with that large of a spacer, so check for that and add bump stops if needed. If you keep the stock length shocks, you will not need extended lines, and your safe upfront till after the 3" range on a 2012. Keep in mind if you do have to add bump stops up front and use the factory shocks, you will lose travel equal to the size bumpstops you use. So a 0-2" shock may be beneficial, anything longer and you risk the front driveshaft making contact with the exhaust cross over. There are solutions for that of course.
I would however suggest getting some wheel spacers if you are keeping the factory wheels, other wise you may get some rubbing while at full lock.

TwistedJK

image.jpg
This was with 1.75" spacers up front and .75" out back with sway bar discos up front. Tire size is 285/75/17. I do have longer shocks on there. I ran like this for about 2 years and have only recently upgraded my lift. It ran completely fine. It did rub disconnected when fully stuffed while turning on my trimmed flares though. Oh, and I didn't have bumpstops either.

Top Bottom