Tire deflation question

07JKSahara

Holy 40 psi. I run my 35 TG at 26 on road and 10 off road. Give it a shot, you might really like the ride. But to answer, yes, airing down will let your tire flex and contact more ground at once. Try 14 or 12 and see if you're comfortable, go down from there. You'll be amazed how well they grip.

Edit: too fast.

MaxPower

Thanks for the info anyways! I appreciate it. Guess I need to work my away around all the topics before I post. Ha! Yeah the dealership set them at 40 and I just have left them

Rccrwlr

Thanks for the info anyways! I appreciate it. Guess I need to work my away around all the topics before I post. Ha! Yeah the dealership set them at 40 and I just have left them

Post away. Take a quick search but if you can't find something feel free to ask. Only half the people here are asshats but no one can seem to figure out what half.

07JKSahara

All good. I started around 30 and drove a few days, then 2 psi lower every couple days until I hit 26 on mine. It's comfortable and even wear. See what works for your jeep. But you're safe down to 10 or 12 off road, more about getting over the worry of blowing a bead.

MaxPower

Yeah that was my big worry is how low is to low that I would have to worry about the bead. Now I know 10-12 it is :)

All good. I started around 30 and drove a few days, then 2 psi lower every couple days until I hit 26 on mine. It's comfortable and even wear. See what works for your jeep. But you're safe down to 10 or 12 off road, more about getting over the worry of blowing a bead.

Yeah that was my big worry is how low is to low that I would have to worry about the bead. Now I know 10-12 it is :)

I've ran 12.5 wide tires on 7.5 wheels at 8psi with no issues. Really the wider the tire on the narrower wheel helps low psi. If you're going to blow a bead it's due to "speed" not always crawling. As far as on road the best is a chalk test to see wear patterns. Good luck :thumb:

Top Bottom