Price check for labor

Malac

I am looking to have my new gears put in(Yukon 5.358's), replace the ball joints(new Synergy's) and have the C's(currently just a D44) done all at the same time and I am curious what I should be looking at in line of labor costs. I will be purchasing all the items from online vendors to save money and hope to have it all done at the same time. Thanks for the information all.

Malac

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Probably close to 1500 to 2000 if a shop did them. Gears are around 1000 to 1500 and probably another 500 or so for the gussets and ball joints.

Malac

Yes the 5.38's not what I fat fingered in the OP. Thanks for the catch. I have a 6" long arm lift on 37's hence the 5.38's with the 3.6.

Malac

Yes the 5.38's not what I fat fingered in the OP. Thanks for the catch. I have a 6" long arm lift on 37's hence the 5.38's with the 3.6.

Malac

I would personally only go 5.13's with 37's (and have). Especially if it's in a 44. 5.38's will just be pushing it for strength. Just my .02.

Malac

I would personally only go 5.13's with 37's (and have). Especially if it's in a 44. 5.38's will just be pushing it for strength. Just my .02.

What do you mean by "pushing it for strength"? I chose the 5.38's based on the charts I have seen for best performance for my needs. I am interested in your reasoning. thanks.

Malac

olram30

What do you mean by "pushing it for strength"? I chose the 5.38's based on the charts I have seen for best performance for my needs. I am interested in your reasoning. thanks.

Malac

What chart were you looking at? Just curious.

Malac

What chart were you looking at? Just curious.

Well.......I can't find the exact chart with those specs now so I am thinking that maybe I decided on the 5.38's with the intent on moving up to 40's in the next year. Not really sure where I got the 5.38's cause as Cripledpetey stated it seems the 5.13's would do just fine.

Malac

olram30

5.13 is a better choice. If you're getting 40's, your new axles should come already geared.

Top Bottom