High steer kits

jman_12

I've been looking at the AEV high steer kit recently and have a few questions. Is it the same as a drag link flip? Do you have to run at least a 3 inch lift for it to be done?

mds22

I debated that as well, ended up with going with synergy high steer (drag link flip and TB relocation bracket) couldn't have been happier with results.

StrizzyChris

It is the same thing. This is a good kit, but the most expensive option on the market. They(and most companies) use a stock RHD drag link and a axle side raised trackbar bracket. It's really all you need. I would go with the cheapest priced kit that offers this setup you can get. EVO has this same kit and is competitively priced.

Synergy is mentioned above, but they replace the stock RHD drag link with their HD draglink and it costs more. I am not interested in paying more for a beefed up drag link that doesn't take any abuse that a stock one cant handle.

If you already have a axle side raised trackbar bracket, find one used, or decide to al la carte your kit and make it yourself, then crown makes a RHD draglink for cheap and is the option I went with

crown RHD drag link.jpg

IMG_20140529_194341_890~2.jpg

If you do go with the crown option, you will either need to buy the taper bit to drill out the knuckle(pain in the ass in my opinion and costs more for the bit) OR you will need a sleeve for the draglink and synergy sells them.

Screenshot_2014-06-08-19-42-44.png

twoxstreem

I used the crown RHD and the entire job cost me about $100 including a new pitman arm(I had a drop pm arm installed) and the drill bit.

Took me about 2 hours.

I already had a raised track at mount on the axle.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Same thing, different name. At least 3" bump stops should be used.

Yup. Kind of misleading though to call it a "high steer" kit being that the drag link and track bar are the only things that are raised but hey, what do I know.

As far as needing 3" bump stops go, I would argue that they are more needed because you should only want this kit IF you're running at least 3" of lift. And, you should ALWAYS run about the same amount of bump stop extension as you have lift :yup:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Correct, 3" lift minimum. If not a person could over correct their geometry.
Also for the guys piecing this together, make sure your track bar mount includes raised sway bar link mounts.

Top Bottom