LOD Rear Bumper Receiver Hitch Question

ScottMc

Hello All,

This is my first post here on WAYALIFE. Just got my first Jeep: JKU and have a lot to learn but am looking forward to it. As soon as the weather breaks and I can get some pics I'll post them in the wave forum. Got the Tank color BTW.

So my first decision is a rear bumper which is brought on by the fact that I didn't get a factory receiver/hitch when I bought it. I definitely need to be able to tow a trailer but have noticed some of the integrated hitches say they are not rated for towing, only recovery. I cant find anything one way or another for the LOD shorty with the integrated receiver.

Does anyone know if the Gen 4 Shorty Rear Bumper receiver is rated to actually tow a trailer?

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to partaking in the 'life'. As a mini wave, I live in Atlanta near a place called "Little 5 Points" and see a JKU there all the time with a WAYALIFE decal, that's how I found out about this forum.

Rccrwlr

Hello All,

This is my first post here on WAYALIFE. Just got my first Jeep: JKU and have a lot to learn but am looking forward to it. As soon as the weather breaks and I can get some pics I'll post them in the wave forum. Got the Tank color BTW.

So my first decision is a rear bumper which is brought on by the fact that I didn't get a factory receiver/hitch when I bought it. I definitely need to be able to tow a trailer but have noticed some of the integrated hitches say they are not rated for towing, only recovery. I cant find anything one way or another for the LOD shorty with the integrated receiver.

Does anyone know if the Gen 4 Shorty Rear Bumper receiver is rated to actually tow a trailer?

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to partaking in the 'life'. As a mini wave, I live in Atlanta near a place called "Little 5 Points" and see a JKU there all the time with a WAYALIFE decal, that's how I found out about this forum.

Welcome to WAL. Pretty sure all JKU's are rated for 3500 lbs towing. Don't think the bumper would be rated for more

sjd78

The LOD rear bumper is rated for towing. They even include a bracket for trailer chains with a place to mount the OEM trailer light plug.

Welcome to Wayalife! Congrats on your Jeep and welcome to the modding process.

We're happy to see you looking at an American made bumper like the LoD! Stick with American made no matter which brand you select.

If you have a moment, take a look at our rear bumper options. Both our steel tire and non tire carrier rear bumpers included a welded receiver with safety chain tabs. Rated to meet all factory tow ratings plus we have laser cut access for a 7 pin wiring harness, 4 pin adapter plate, and block off plate. Each version of our rear bumper also includes 1" recovery tabs that are double welded so you don't have to count on your receiver for recovery every time.

http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-5001.htm
RH-5001-2T.jpg

RH-5001-5T.jpg

Last edited:

ScottMc

Thanks all!

Thanks for the replies. I had been looking at the Poison Spyder also when I noticed the note about not being rated for actual towing. That would be a small disaster to spend that much money and find out that bit of info later. Good to know about LOD.

@Rock Hard - thanks for the reply, I will certainly have a look.

Now the next question to decide is for a door linked carrier or not. There are arguments for each.

Top Bottom