Tie rod rotating with hydro assist solved

Jerms

For those of you running a synergy tie rod, and have issues with it rotating because of hydro assist, check out the new synergy Jeep JK Low Misalignment TRE Dust Boot #ppm-4131-10. I just installed them. Installation was a piece of cake. Hope they work.

Attachments

• 1424539265816.jpg
    1424539265816.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 246

jeeeep

Hooked
i installed those when they became available, they do help but was also told they may cause those joints to wear faster. i guess time will tell but the hydro does feel better

EZ-E

For those of you running a synergy tie rod, and have issues with it rotating because of hydro assist, check out the new synergy Jeep JK Low Misalignment TRE Dust Boot #ppm-4131-10. I just installed them. Installation was a piece of cake. Hope they work.

Good to know! I'm ordering my hydro assist this week and I have the synergy tie Rod. I'll add that to my long list of parts.

jeeeep

Hooked
Good to know! I'm ordering my hydro assist this week and I have the synergy tie Rod. I'll add that to my long list of parts.

they only come 1 to an order so be sure to order 2. I fought the synergy flop with my hydro before putting these on.

according to the synergy rep I spoke to - they were made to address the issue with the amount of flop and hydro assist steering.

EZ-E

they only come 1 to an order so be sure to order 2. I fought the synergy flop with my hydro before putting these on.

according to the synergy rep I spoke to - they were made to address the issue with the amount of flop and hydro assist steering.

Ah damn. Literally just ordered it. So it's $10 a piece on NR? And yea, I can see why it would be an issue. My tie rod likes to move back and forth freely.

SFNick

Ah damn. Literally just ordered it. So it's $10 a piece on NR? And yea, I can see why it would be an issue. My tie rod likes to move back and forth freely.

It's 10$ for a pair now. They use to come with the boot & a metal cap. But the metal cap would not allow you to thread the nut far enough to get the pin in.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424660300.741107.jpg

SFNick

damn I paid for each! but I do have the metal boot on as well, both fit fine on mine. Do you have too much grease in it?

Nah, when I was buying mine I was wanting the metal caps but Synergy said they stopped selling them because some were having issues. Really wish I had the caps the boots are a little squished.

jeeeep

Hooked
Nah, when I was buying mine I was wanting the metal caps but Synergy said they stopped selling them because some were having issues. Really wish I had the caps the boots are a little squished.

I'm glad I got the caps, I can see the black portion wearing out pretty fast.

CrazyLarry

I have just the black poly boots no caps and mine are holding up fine. Spray them with some silicone. The metal caps wouldn't allow my tie rod ends to sit fully so i took them off. Don't want to go losing a tie rod doing 75 on the interstate

thombull

I have the black boots as well with no metal caps and the boots are cracking along the sides....I wonder if the metal cap would have prevented that? I also have the twisting movement with the tie rod. Either way I need to get these new boots....thanks for listing the part number.

Jerms

yeah what i was saying was after installing these, the movement is limited. i have to say, after installing, the steering is definitely more responsive and feels better

I don't see why they would wear out. The tie rod has minimum movement

The ears on the knuckles do not move parrallel but rather at a slight arc. Thes bind fairly bad at either lock. It is important to make sure the ends are set directly in-line with one another to reduce premature wear.

Another trick is to use the regular boot and intentionally clock the ends so the movement is reduced.

Top Bottom