Another Heya! from SoCal

Big_Thumper

Hi all!

Long-time offroader here, grew up in Northern CA not far from the Rubicon, and went to school in the Midwest (summers at Silver Lake). I've been a die-hard fullsize guy (and dirtbiker) since I moved from a CJ7 to a K20 in highschool, but I've fallen in love with the JKU platform and we're shopping for a new family toy now.

At work (non-sponsor, keeping it off the site per the rules - ask me in person), I get a lot of seat time in TJ's and now JK's. The TJ's brought back good memories (and some bad ones) of the earlier rigs, but the JK is a whole new animal, and it hooked me in. Four proper doors, and a properly sized spot for the dog just makes sense for us now, so we're looking for one that's more wreck than not - it'll get serious surgery done to it right off the bat.

Other interests aside from keeping our two young daughters from jumping off of things onto the dog - good beer, and things that go fast. My last toy that's on the way out now is a turbocharged Hayabusa, if that rings a bell for anyone.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all - going to try and make the meet-up at Noble next week, and I should be at Moab for EJS this year!

Big_Thumper

Thanks, everyone!

Just read the whole "Big Brakes" thread and wanted to do bad things to inanimate objects... Went back and watched a couple JKX videos to get back to a better frame of mind. Much better now.

Top Bottom