There's a bird in my jeep!

AMEChambers

First and foremost I want to send out another wave to all of you because it's been a hot minute since my last post. I'm 100% guilty of being a lurker... Look everyday but never post.. Anyways I just returned from a shitty desert deployment and bought a few more jeep parts to make myself fall back in love with my 07 jku that seems to be falling apart at every turn... Every time I turn my jeep right it squeaks. Chirp chirp chirp. Never does this when I brake, drive straight, or turn left... Only right turns.... I'm taking my jeep to my bases do it yourself hobby shop tomorrow to throw it on a lift and install my new drive shafts... What do you guys recommend I check to fix this chirping?

mbrindley11

First and foremost I want to send out another wave to all of you because it's been a hot minute since my last post. I'm 100% guilty of being a lurker... Look everyday but never post.. Anyways I just returned from a shitty desert deployment and bought a few more jeep parts to make myself fall back in love with my 07 jku that seems to be falling apart at every turn... Every time I turn my jeep right it squeaks. Chirp chirp chirp. Never does this when I brake, drive straight, or turn left... Only right turns.... I'm taking my jeep to my bases do it yourself hobby shop tomorrow to throw it on a lift and install my new drive shafts... What do you guys recommend I check to fix this chirping?

Never had this in my jeep, but with other vehicles I've owned the chirping noise while turning was caused by a bad wheel bearing.

jeeeep

Hooked
wheel bearing or brake dust plate has a bend in it and rubbing when you turn.

I had this on mine with every right turn, I pulled the wheel, straightened the dust plate and chirp gone.

pull both tires and check the dust plates, I can't remember which side was bent.

Welcome back!:wings: Glad you made it back safely. Your Jeep is just like a family member. Need to have something for the Jeep to let it know you missed it. When I returned from my last deployment the garage was full of Jeep parts. :thumb:

JeepPilot

Had this happen with mine too. Brake shroud bent in and would rub on the rotor. Only did it when I turned right, and it was on the right side. Bent it back out, no issues since.

AMEChambers

Bent my brake dust plates back... It seems that the tie rod was hitting it....? Didn't chirp on the first right turn... But came back on the second.... Gone try again tomorrow or just deal with it... Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Your absolutely right canvasjk it is like a child. She got a new Adams drive shaft and FINALLY some trucklites

jeeeep

Hooked
Bent my brake dust plates back... It seems that the tie rod was hitting it....? Didn't chirp on the first right turn... But came back on the second.... Gone try again tomorrow or just deal with it... Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Your absolutely right canvasjk it is like a child. She got a new Adams drive shaft and FINALLY some trucklites

you might try bending it more to keep it out of the way of the tie rod

JAGS

Hooked

This happened to me as well...or at least very similar issue. Drove me crazy. Was while still under warranty and pretty early on after owning. Dealership had to adjust the brake heat shield. Noise came back after the next wheeling trip. On the second time it was determined that the shield had some sort of defect that wouldn't allow it to stay aligned in the proper location. Something to that effect. Ended up replacing the shield and the problem has been gone since. Maybe check the shield is mounted properly. ??? Good luck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom