Rear axle brackets

Shamrocked

I have a Rockkrawler 3.5 lift on a 2 door. Lift has been on for about 3 years now and has performed great off-road. Yesterday I was putting a new set of Bilstiens on and noticed a few things that need to be addressed. I am still running a stock 44 in the rear. With the lift I had to rotate the axle to get the pinion right and this threw off all the brackets. I have the correction wedges for the coils but the coils still bow out. The tracbar frame mount hits the back of the bump stop. The whole axle was move back about an inch and so the combination of the move and an aftermarket bracket on the axle has my tracbar at a backwards angle instead of straight across. So here is my questions. Can the stock brackets be cut off, moved and rewelded. or will I needto get new brackets? I have seen the ones from poly performance are fairly inexpensive. Has anyone even cut off the frame side tracbar bracket and moved it back?? can that bracket be reused. Have not seen anyone making this bracket. Can all this be done under the jeep or will I need to completely pull the axle out? Any input is appreciated.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Usually people have to fix the frame side bracket, fix the spring perches so they line up again. That'll fix the bow, sway bar needs to be moved back.
I've heard of people carefully grinding the frame side bracket off and moving it. I've never done it.
Another question, are your sway bar links at an angle or are they straight up and down?

olram30

Maybe cozdude will chime in, I think he just ditched the arms and went with regular sized arms on his 2 door

Shamrocked

I moved the sway bar back when I put the lift on. So the links are straight. Think I can tackle the brackets on the axle. It's that frame side trac bar bracket that worries me. Have not seen an aftermarket one. Trying to see if someone had luck with moving it.

olram30

I moved the sway bar back when I put the lift on. So the links are straight. Think I can tackle the brackets on the axle. It's that frame side trac bar bracket that worries me. Have not seen an aftermarket one. Trying to see if someone had luck with moving it.

I think someone did it here, I don't remember who. That and spring perches so you can ditch those correction wedges and get your springs straight. Good luck fixing this

Top Bottom