Front Bumpers! Smittybilt XRC??

tonytony9

I'm looking to purchase an upgraded front bumper for my 08 unlimited. I do not want to spend a fortune but just trying to get a more aggressive look.

I like the price and the look of the smittybilt one listed here: http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/102.htm

Does anyone have any experience with this bumper?

Does anyone have any other front bumpers of similar styler (stubby with the stinger?) for around the same price (>$300)??

Thanks!

MICP3309

After helping my buddy install both his front and rear shitty bilt bumpers.. I will say this. DO NOT expect the bolt holes to line up. DO expect 4x as long installing it. DO expect the craftsmanship to be crap. DO EXPECT the bumper to not line up against the body (ie it was welded not square). He greatly regrets buying their stuff, but wanted to mod his jk faster, and the price was right for that..

There is a reason it's only 300$... Chineese crap.

sjd78

I don't own any smittybilt armor but I can tell you I was highly impressed with how well my LOD rear bumper fit. The precision of hole locations in relation to the factory holes are amazing. It was as if they were drilled in place. Top notch for sure and worth the price!

Last edited:

westchester13jk

I didn't have as many problems as others did but I did have to pull out a tap and die set to fix two holes

Attachments

• 1424665940068.jpg
    1424665940068.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 229
  • 1424665955692.jpg
    1424665955692.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 230

Tanner505

You get what you pay for look into Rockhard they are a vendor here on the forum and they offer great prices and they are American made :-D

JRied

I own the bumper you put in your link. Not one complaint. Lined up perfect, took the winch perfect, good powder coat, and have pulled myself out using its built in shackle mount. Zero complaints. And would buy it again ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424666862.455088.jpg
My jeep came with the Smitty Atlas front and rear but I didn't want full width after all, zero problem with those. And I have the body armor with zero problems and the parts lined up perfect on my body. Not all Smittybilt products are shittybilt

tonytony9

I own the bumper you put in your link. Not one complaint. Lined up perfect, took the winch perfect, good powder coat, and have pulled myself out using its built in shackle mount. Zero complaints. And would buy it again View attachment 126553
My jeep came with the Smitty Atlas front and rear but I didn't want full width after all, zero problem with those. And I have the body armor with zero problems and the parts lined up perfect on my body. Not all Smittybilt products are shittybilt

Looks awesome!

jkruiser

I own the bumper you put in your link. Not one complaint. Lined up perfect, took the winch perfect, good powder coat, and have pulled myself out using its built in shackle mount. Zero complaints. And would buy it again View attachment 126553

X2 No issues with mine...have the same setup. It's all bolt on stuff easy install.

MaxPower

I've got the xrc mod front with full width ends. I love mine. I was a noob at installing so it took me a while but I didn't have any problems. One hole didn't line up but it was easy to get it otherwise

Jtmw

Worst part about running Smittybilt is the title. I have XRC on both ends, have saved my jeep a couple of times. Super strong stuff.

You get what you pay for look into Rockhard they are a vendor here on the forum and they offer great prices and they are American made :-D

Thanks for the input will do!

Thanks Tanner for the comment. Tony, I know your budget prevents you from easily stepping into the Rock Hard 4x4 line, and it's probably an issue you are going to have with many domestic manufacturers.

What we can promise you is that if you can wait an extra paycheck or hold out a little longer, you'll be able to greatly open up your options. :beer:

Tanner505

Thanks Tanner for the comment. Tony, I know your budget prevents you from easily stepping into the Rock Hard 4x4 line, and it's probably an issue you are going to have with many domestic manufacturers.

What we can promise you is that if you can wait an extra paycheck or hold out a little longer, you'll be able to greatly open up your options. :beer:

I completely agree with Rockhard with this, save and get quality the first time ( buy once cry once) :-D

tonytony9

That is true. Well thank you for the feedback I'm going to weigh my options and see what's best. May just got with a fender upgrade for now!

11rubicon

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424727079.754485.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424727149.730673.jpg

I've got front and rear Smitty Bilt XRC bumpers. I've had no issues with them at all and had them about two years now. Install was just fine, coating is nice. They have been banged, bumped and smashed and I wheel my jeep a lot. No problems at all.

tonytony9

View attachment 126775 View attachment 126776

I've got front and rear Smitty Bilt XRC bumpers. I've had no issues with them at all and had them about two years now. Install was just fine, coating is nice. They have been banged, bumped and smashed and I wheel my jeep a lot. No problems at all.

Ya I may go with them, cheap buy and I don't wheel too often so I'm not worried about them holding up after tons of off road beatings. Just normal dd I want them to survive through!

SFNick

Ya I may go with them, cheap buy and I don't wheel too often so I'm not worried about them holding up after tons of off road beatings. Just normal dd I want them to survive through!

Save your Money & buy something made in the good old USA! My pay raise depends on it!!

Havoc40

Save your Money & buy something made in the good old USA! My pay raise depends on it!!

I agree. With the forum code @ Northridge these are $574 shipped. I'm thoroughly impressed with the quality. I chose to powder coat mine which added to the cost. A rattle can job with bedliner would also look fine.

My Jeep is at the body shop...so I get to stare at this in my office all day :grayno:

Top Bottom