axle/tire combo

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Is anyone running 37's with stock JK axles?

Welcome to WAL!

Sure. Plenty of folks running 37s with stock D44s and even some with 37s on the Sport D30 front axle. With 35s and above, C-Gussets are pretty much mandatory. Most recommend staying away from sleeves and trusses. Save the money and invest in a full axle upgrade like a Dynatrac ProRock44.

Be sure to stop by and give everyone a wave. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to WAL!

Sure. Plenty of folks running 37s with stock D44s and even some with 37s on the Sport D30 front axle. With 35s and above, C-Gussets are pretty much mandatory. Most recommend staying away from sleeves and trusses. Save the money and invest in a full axle upgrade like a Dynatrac ProRock44.

Good advice right here ^^^

Welcome to WAL!

i dont even have anything to add to that. Good all around real world advise right there.

s4tund8

I purchased my rubicon used already running 37"s. I have put 10k on this setup as my daily and road trips out of town but have yet to wheel it. I had an alignment done recently and all was in spec but I am worried. I am about to drive from Texas to Florida for spring break with my sons and can't the gussets in and welded in time. Should be ok until I return right?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I purchased my rubicon used already running 37"s. I have put 10k on this setup as my daily and road trips out of town but have yet to wheel it. I had an alignment done recently and all was in spec but I am worried. I am about to drive from Texas to Florida for spring break with my sons and can't the gussets in and welded in time. Should be ok until I return right?

slow down for potholes/speedbumps/etc as if your driving a "normal car" and i think you should be fine.

stweasel

You will be fine, as your Rubicon has a D44, I have friends with 37s on D30 and they are fine even with 45k miles on it. They also DON'T WHEEL so unless your planning to navigate the swamps and every dirt trail between Texas and Florida you don't need to worry. The Interstate is your friend.

tin_man

Thanks for all the help guys. Looks like I'll be running 35s with my D30. Seems like all 37's are on back order until April. Plus I plan on wheeling so I think 35s will suit me better until I can afford to build up my axles. Just ordered a RE 3.5" lift, 4.56 gears and Maxxis Trepador tires. Will post pics when I get it all installed.

Dubaibentzen

I am thinking about coil overs as well. Would this be ideal for dune bashing in Dubai. 95% of my off-roading is in the sand desert... Or should I just get a regular lift kit?

Top Bottom