4.56 or 4.88

Jeep2010

I've been back and forth on this. My jeep is on 35's and becoming more and more of an off road vehicle but is still my DD. So I'm torn between the performance of wheeling with 4.88 and the performance of 4.56 on the road. I just don't know what problems I will run into with having the RPMs higher on road with 4.88. Any advice greatly appreciated. I will have my jeep as a DD for many more years but also making new wheeling trips. Going to Colorado this summer and planning on making many more like this in the future.

BlackHawk08jk

I would go 4.88 that's what I'm running on 35s. I love it on and off road. The rpms ain't that bad on they highway. You will be happy off road that you have 4.88 over 4.56 as well.

Jeep2010

I know I'd want 4.88 off road. Just didn't know if the higher rpms would cause problems on road. If it isn't that much then I'm all in.

jeeeep

Hooked
I'm running 4.88's on my 2010 JKU with 35's and it works out great for both DD and off-road use.

4.88's still allow deactivating OD - which I do often on the mountain passes and pulling a trailer, without pushing the rpm's too much. :thumb:

do you have a superchips or procal yet? you'll need one to calibrate for the gears and shift points if you have an automatic

Jtmw

I'm running 4.88's on my 2010 JKU with 35's and it works out great for both DD and off-road use.

4.88's still allow deactivating OD - which I do often on the mountain passes and pulling a trailer, without pushing the rpm's too much. :thumb:

do you have a superchips or procal yet? you'll need one to calibrate for the gears and shift points if you have an automatic

Im making the jump next week to 4.88s with (edit** already have my 35s on) 35's can you shed a little more light on Day to day driving what to expect? Just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing for me.

BlackHawk08jk

Im making the jump next week to 4.88s with (edit** already have my 35s on) 35's can you shed a little more light on Day to day driving what to expect? Just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing for me.

I think day to day driving is great with them. They have better get up and go, and give you a lot of your power back. I went from 3.21s to 4.88s, very happy with it.

Jeep2010

I already have a superchip traildash with a manual.

Top Bottom