What are they going for ?

RedRum

Just want to run the most recent quoted price on a 2015 jkur anvil
Options
- auto trans w/ 4.10s ( apparently 4.10s are an extra 500 on an auto, news to me )
- hard top
- convienience package
- heated seats
Now this is a factory order not a lot vehicle

39XXX OTD
- this is the total cost of the jeep with tax tags all that plus calculated interest over the course of the payoff term

Thoughts ?!?!?

StrizzyChris

39K for a those options in a brand new JKUR out the door and that includes all fees and after all interest is paid through financing? Its a pretty good/fair price. Its not a steal, but a good deal. MSRP would be around 40K

aldaman

That should be about right. I calculated a build on the Jeeps site and got $40k+ for those options...

image.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
not a bad price if it includes all the dealer cost add-ons.

and yeah, sucks they made the 4.10 gears an option instead of standard item for the rubicon or tow package.

When I bought my 2010, those gears were standard on the Rubicon, also got a trans cooler with the max tow package

Last edited:

Robicon

Back in the day, i used to use the fleet manager to get "a good deal". then it was the Internet sales manager... Now it seems like they have all combined to just make it sound like your getting a deal, when you are really being quoted close to asking.

I used both kbb.com and www.truecar.com while pricing mine out. These prices are about what your going to get. Make sure you know your credit! Once they did the oh shit at my credit rating, they were much easier to work with on prices and options.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I bought a 15 JKUR anvil a few months ago. Sticker was 42950 and paid 36100 Otd. No sales tax included.

RedRum

Thanks everyone my credit is in the low 800s but they never have 0 interest incentives on wranglers ... I think the two things working against me are it's a factory order so the unit won't help them with this months quota and it hasn't been sitting around on the lot so they are less likely to cut me a deal ...and number 3 is i want to get a 4dr before the 2017 redesign which may be the greatest thing ever, however after seeing the new Cherokee I'm good with the jK

Put the spin on the order the other way... since they do not have the Jeep on their lot, they are at no advantage to another dealer.

Also, with a high credit score you are almost always better off getting financing on your own and not through the dealer.

jesse3638

Hooked
Yea I tried that approach lol

Sign up for tread lightly. You'll get 1% below invoice regardless if you order it or not. I believe the membership has changed. Used to be $60 for 3 years now I think its $100 a year or something similar. I figure spending $100 to save 2K is worth it..;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you're a Costco member, try going through their auto buying program. I have bought several Jeeps this way and have found it to be worth the while.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
I got what you are searching for plus the dual top, alpine speakers w/ woofer, and nav for less than 39,000 OTD. You could probably haggle some off your price. Best of luck.

ETA: if you are a service member then take a look at the USAA car buying service. That's what I did and it helped quite a bit.

sassmouth

Thanks everyone my credit is in the low 800s but they never have 0 interest incentives on wranglers ... I think the two things working against me are it's a factory order so the unit won't help them with this months quota and it hasn't been sitting around on the lot so they are less likely to cut me a deal ...and number 3 is i want to get a 4dr before the 2017 redesign which may be the greatest thing ever, however after seeing the new Cherokee I'm good with the jK

Do you have any family members that have or are currently working for Chrysler or any of their subsidiaries to get you the employee discounted vehicle price?

bkac

Caught the Bug
4-5k off should be too difficult to reach from msrp just with some strong nogitioation. Some dealers are advertising them for that.

StrizzyChris

Have the dealership print you a build sheet of your desired order. It will look something like this...

IMG_20130130_053409.jpg

The HB is hold back (don't worry about this) FFP is friends and family pricing which is around the price that tread lightly and Costco can get you the Jeep for, and EP is employee price that Chrysler/Fiat employees cant buy the Jeep for. I would use about 3% below the FFP as your starting point and around 1-2% below that as your goal purchase price

RedRum

Thank you I really appreciate it ... The first dealer did show me that sheet I'll take another look at it when I go home

Top Bottom