Cruise Control Button Fix?

aermotor

I've got an '07 and my cruise control stopped working a long time ago. I know this can be associated with the clock spring and I took it to the dealer and they apparently fixed that (though I have no clue...) but my cruise control still doesn't work. Do you know if these switches can just go bad sometimes and I just need to replace it?

haboo1968

Did you have any other issues before they replaced the clock spring? Like the air bag light on, horn not working. I replaced my clock spring last year, "(not hard to do)" but they were more symptoms then just the cruise control not working. Well anyhow, if it was me I would first check to see if their was any fuses related to the cruise control. You can also check the horn/cruse control wire harness that connects to your clock spring, its right behind your air bag it could be bad. The cruse control switch does not cost too much... I did a quick search and found one from rock auto for $24. I did another search and found a good write up on installing a cruise control switch. http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/installing-cruise-control-75351/

kaptkrappy

I've got an '07 and my cruise control stopped working a long time ago. I know this can be associated with the clock spring and I took it to the dealer and they apparently fixed that (though I have no clue...) but my cruise control still doesn't work. Do you know if these switches can just go bad sometimes and I just need to replace it?

I don't think the '07 - '10 cruise control goes through the clock spring, it's on the turn signal stalk before the clock spring.

JDDK

My cruise works fine but my airbag light has been on for months. Normal?? Does only part of the clockspring go out???

kaptkrappy

If the clock spring is broke, cruise will not work

My opinion is not based on facts just my thoughts.

My thoughts; Why would the clock spring be involved in a mechanism/system that doesn't turn with the steering wheel (why we have clock springs) ??

My 2011 has the cruise controls in the steering wheel and it uses a clock spring connection, but 2010's and older use the turn signal stalk. (scratching head)

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

My thoughts; Why would the clock spring be involved in a mechanism/system that doesn't turn with the steering wheel (why we have clock springs) ??

My 2011 has the cruise controls in the steering wheel and it uses a clock spring connection, but 2010's and older use the turn signal stalk. (scratching head)

My 2007 clock spring went bad. The cruise would not work .

Moochie

Mine is a 2008. Cruise control stalk spins with the steering wheel.

aermotor

No I didn't have anything else weird happening, it worked for a couple years and then just died. The dealer is no help.

Did you have any other issues before they replaced the clock spring? Like the air bag light on, horn not working. I replaced my clock spring last year, "(not hard to do)" but they were more symptoms then just the cruise control not working. Well anyhow, if it was me I would first check to see if their was any fuses related to the cruise control. You can also check the horn/cruse control wire harness that connects to your clock spring, its right behind your air bag it could be bad. The cruse control switch does not cost too much... I did a quick search and found one from rock auto for $24. I did another search and found a good write up on installing a cruise control switch. http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/installing-cruise-control-75351/

Thanks, I'll check that out.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
re-flash?

A while ago with my spanking new 2012 the cruise went out right after the lift install and a test run with the steering wheel slightly off and the esc/abs light flashing on and off......

We couldn't get it to work until the mecanic just re-flashed the whole ECU......it worked!

Last edited:
Top Bottom