p480 engine code

toxicwaste29

My jeep is has the p480 engine code which is for the cooling fan. This past weekend I had to replace my starter and undid the battery cable; when I hooked up the cable again the engine light and code came on. I have checked over my connections and everything is tight on the terminals, the fan fuse isnt blown, and no fan connections have been messed with. Any ideas what might be causing it whether the fan is bad or something shorted in the ecm when I hooked the battery terminal back up?

toxicwaste29

I already checked them and still nothing. I figured it was a loose battery connection since I undid the terminal and that is when everything started however even after tightening everything and leaving the ground off to reset the computer it still has managed to come back on.

jeeeep

Hooked
have you run it and checked to see if the fan kicks on? wonder if it needs to cycle on/off a few starts like many of the other things on the Jeep.

toxicwaste29

It is zero here so the only way I can do that would be to hot wire it direct to the battery if I absolutely had to but Id rather not cut the harness to try that unless there is another way.

jeeeep

Hooked
I know on the older models you could unplug the fan sensor wire from the thermostat and it would cause the fan to run, I haven't tried in on mine (3.8) and not sure if this test works on the newest models

Top Bottom