Bucket seats to replace the rear seats

bkac

Caught the Bug
I didn't spend a lot of time searching but I was wondering if anybody has installed front seats in the back to replace the rear seat. I'm thinking about doing this to give the kids a little more comfort and separate them a bit. I believe you can modify the Mastercraft rear seat bracket to make this work. I'm looking for pros and cons of doing this mod.

I didn't spend a lot of time searching but I was wondering if anybody has installed front seats in the back to replace the rear seat. I'm thinking about doing this to give the kids a little more comfort and separate them a bit. I believe you can modify the Mastercraft rear seat bracket to make this work. I'm looking for pros and cons of doing this mod.

Jason has them, doesn't he?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Just used the mastercraft adapters for this last night. It work fine but it's not perfect fit from the seat to the adapter brackets.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I'll take a couple pictures tonight. It took me longer to clean the dog hair out that the install.

07JKSahara

If his kids are always with him, it will not matter much. But yeah, that is a big down fall of the brackets. No access to the back

Maybe see if you can get seats out of a 2 dr, the passenger would have the fold down for getting in the back. Just a thought, unless you already have the seats from someone...

bkac

Caught the Bug
Maybe see if you can get seats out of a 2 dr, the passenger would have the fold down for getting in the back. Just a thought, unless you already have the seats from someone...

I believe you put the driver seat on the passenger side on the passenger on the driver to put the handles towards the center so they are usable. I'm not worried about needing to fold them down.
I was thinking about going this route vs going with the Mastercraft reclining ones. I'm thinking about just buying some Katskinz that will match my front leather seats.

Does anybody know what a almost brand new set of leather seats go for used if I want to sell mine and go all mastercraft? Front heated leather and rear leather. 1000k miles on them.

When I had stock seats in mine, both folded but for his application I doubt it would do much good.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I believe you put the driver seat on the passenger side on the passenger on the driver to put the handles towards the center so they are usable. I'm not worried about needing to fold them down.
I was thinking about going this route vs going with the Mastercraft reclining ones. I'm thinking about just buying some Katskinz that will match my front leather seats.

Does anybody know what a almost brand new set of leather seats go for used if I want to sell mine and go all mastercraft? Front heated leather and rear leather. 1000k miles on them.

If I were you, I would install mastercrafts in the front and install the factory's in the back. But yes, flip sides on the seats.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
One thing to mention, the factory seats sit a little high, it's not bad for kids but adults would lose their head in a roll over,,

trailless

Caught the Bug
Do you want to put factory front buckets in the back? I'm a little confused.

I think so. I've thought of doing this when my stock leather seats start looking bad. I'll just throw on a seat cover on the front seats and move them back. THEN I'll get some Master craft seats for the front!! :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

07JKSahara

I'm pretty sure petey has a set of heated leather ones. I almost bought them because mine are getting "broken in..."

SFNick

They do sit really high! Perfect for kids but I'm 6'2" and my head hits the center sport cage bar with every bump.

Last edited:
Top Bottom