Power steering pump

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Past few times I go start up the jeep I have no pwr steering for a few seconds-mins then it works. (Sometimes it works right away) Sometimes with a click/clunk. This a sign of failure soon? Fluid looks fine and full. No leaks and pump "looks" ok

jeeeep

Hooked
Past few times I go start up the jeep I have no pwr steering for a few seconds-mins then it works. (Sometimes it works right away) Sometimes with a click/clunk. This a sign of failure soon? Fluid looks fine and full. No leaks and pump "looks" ok

you'll need to remove the belt and check the pump pulley, sounds like it may be failing.

That's how mine started when it gave up the ghost.
Got worse then went out all together. Only had slight power at high RPM's.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
My power steering started being intermittent like that for a few months and then on the way home from KOH it decided to go out all together. Glad it was just highway driving to get home and I wasn't in the middle of a trail, that would have sucked!

CJW

My power steering started being intermittent like that for a few months and then on the way home from KOH it decided to go out all together. Glad it was just highway driving to get home and I wasn't in the middle of a trail, that would have sucked!

What ended up being wrong with it?

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
That's how mine started when it gave up the ghost.
Got worse then went out all together. Only had slight power at high RPM's.

Looks like I'm getting a new one! Thanks!

Top Bottom