Stock Rubicon Rails

Jtmw

Im looking for a set of Sliders/Rails whatever you want to come them. I can get a hold of Stock rails, but do they actually work/provide adequate protection? I was looking at PSC Rocker Knockers but If a set of Stock rails on craigslist for a fraction of the price will work then I'm all about it. Can anyone shed more light on their functionality? Thanks

07JKSahara

Mine have been okay, but I'm not very extreme. There are certainly times I wish I had more, but no damage yet. If I ditch them, I'd get the evos.

Last edited:
Did you get a set of Rubicon Rails?

I would look at a set of rails that do not mount to the body but to the frame. I have the LoD signature series sliders and love them wayoflife ran them on Moby for a couple of years before he went with the EVO Sliders.

Check out this series from WAL YouTube channel.

Jtmw

So Stock Rails, not worth the hassel? Im not offroad a ton, but I would really hate to hit something and need some more there.

sjd78

If your budget allows I would personally buy a set of LOD or EVO and skip the OEM rubicon rails.

Napalm

I have the stock rubicon rails on my JKU sport, they are great for mall crawling and even trips to the cleaners if you are careful. LoL!!

On a serious note, mine were given to me as a gift from a fellow Wayalifer. I don't think I would have paid for them, I would have saved my money for a better set. I put them on for looks pretty much!

RockyJk

The rubi rails hold up for a while I bent the passenger side one wheeling with Overlanderjk but it didn't dent the body or anything so it did its job for what I paid, if you're on a tight budget and can get the stock ones cheap I would

Brankz

The rubi rails hold up for a while I bent the passenger side one wheeling with Overlanderjk but it didn't dent the body or anything so it did its job for what I paid, if you're on a tight budget and can get the stock ones cheap I would

You dent the ones in your 2 door or 4 door?

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm with you on that one lmao...
Told you after I get my tires I let you know so we can go 

I'll believe it when I see it...haha..:crazyeyes:. You should have talked the dealer into letting you swap your wheels and tires off your old rig onto your new one. BTW congrats on the new rig.

Top Bottom