Warranty question??

Jeeplife101

So recently I installed a 4" lift and 35" tires. Now everyone says different stuff about the lift kit voiding the warranty. So here is my question, if after I've installed the lift and went to the dealer for my first scheduled free oil change and they did the oil change etc to no cost to me does that mean my warranty is still good? Only thing the guy asked me was did we put those tires on and I said no and no further questions were asked.... Thanks in advance everyone for helping on such a newbie question...

Warranty after mods is a tricky thing...

By law modifications have to be proved the fault of the failed warranty claim.

In reality, the dealership and manufacturer can deny whatever they want and it's up to you to fight... which is like pushing a wet rope up hill.

trailraider

warranty issues should only be a issue if its caused by the modification.
we see lifted jeeps at work all the time with no issue, but we are lift friendly.

some dealers are not so friendly.

Last edited:

Brankz

When I purchased my JKU I knew that right after I take it of the parking lot I voided the warrantee lol

Same thing happen with my 2 door jk, I had a bad rear main seal and Dealer told me that my huge tires voids warrantee lol
I had 33s 😭😂😂😬

trailraider

When I purchased my JKU I knew that right after I take it of the parking lot I voided the warrantee lol

Same thing happen with my 2 door jk, I had a bad rear main seal and Dealer told me that my huge tires voids warrantee lol
I had 33s 

I'll never understand this, thats like saying the radio quit because its lifted.

sassmouth

As was stated above by trailraider, it depends on the dealer. I had issues with my manual transmission and needed to bring it to the dealer. I have all sorts of modifications including 4" lift, CAI, etc. They gave me no grief about the mods and did the warranty repair on the transmission. Their only compliant was the amount of dirt and mud that they had to clean out. :rock:

sassmouth

No charge for the dirt. They even paid the deductible because they kept it a little longer than they should have.

mastrcruse

I agree with the above posts. Have to find a mod friendly dealership. The dealership in North richland Hills Texas is really good when I have issues. I've been to another that didn't want to touch my jeep for an oil change and I only have a lift/tires

RedRum

It is fun bringing a modified jeep to a dealer, it shows how unskilled and what poor grade mechanics they hire ...

Jeeplife101

That's what I was thinking too. This dealer sells lifted jeeps, they did ask me " you haven't been having too much fun in it have you?" Im thinking when is it ever "too" much fun lol but I just said course not and they went about there way. Guess I will find out for sure if they will honor warranty when I take it in to hear what this ticking sound from transmission while idling is that disappears when I push the clutch in ( I think throw it bearing possibly). I'll update when I find out.

RedRum

That's what I was thinking too. This dealer sells lifted jeeps, they did ask me " you haven't been having too much fun in it have you?" Im thinking when is it ever "too" much fun lol but I just said course not and they went about there way. Guess I will find out for sure if they will honor warranty when I take it in to hear what this ticking sound from transmission while idling is that disappears when I push the clutch in ( I think throw it bearing possibly). I'll update when I find out.
I have the same exact problem it's been to the dealership 6 times and it's a " characteristic of the jeep " they tried to give me an issue about the fact is lifted but the service rep screwed up big time so they looked the other way but yea it still makes the sound and goes away as soon as I engage clutch apparently they replaced " everything "

I've had numerous "warranty" issues and everyone has been handled by my dealership. These have been from head gasket, heads, clock spring, 5 - 730n's, etc. All have been covered. I honestly believe each dealer is different and I personally feel that ours is pretty reasonable. The only guff I've received is after I went outside my 36k factory warranty into my extended warranty they wanted to inspect the issue first before they said they would cover it. They have asked me to remove "mods" so they can get to the repair but that's the worst I've encountered, so far lol.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I've had numerous "warranty" issues and everyone has been handled by my dealership. These have been from head gasket, heads, clock spring, 5 - 730n's, etc. All have been covered. I honestly believe each dealer is different and I personally feel that ours is pretty reasonable. The only guff I've received is after I went outside my 36k factory warranty into my extended warranty they wanted to inspect the issue first before they said they would cover it. They have asked me to remove "mods" so they can get to the repair but that's the worst I've encountered, so far lol.

I need the name of your dealer in case I ever need any heavier warranty work! :)

jeeeep

Hooked
I think more dealers are becoming lift friendly because they now know it'll cost them more in lost business.

Now that Mopar has fully entered the mod arena with their own brand name (rebranded) lifts and new ultra 60's as well as the dealers getting a premium on dealer installed lifts, it would make no sense for them to deny warranty work based solely on lift.

As mentioned before, they have to prove the mods caused the issue but they still hold the power to flag your rig for any reason and then it's up to you to prove them wrong.

Jeeplife101

I have the same exact problem it's been to the dealership 6 times and it's a " characteristic of the jeep " they tried to give me an issue about the fact is lifted but the service rep screwed up big time so they looked the other way but yea it still makes the sound and goes away as soon as I engage clutch apparently they replaced " everything "

Seems a lot of people have the same problem and That's what they say when they are tired of looking lol ... If they give me grief bout it I'll just let it go till it fails then at least I had it documented at 6k miles that there was a problem.

Jeeplife101

I think more dealers are becoming lift friendly because they now know it'll cost them more in lost business.

Now that Mopar has fully entered the mod arena with their own brand name (rebranded) lifts and new ultra 60's as well as the dealers getting a premium on dealer installed lifts, it would make no sense for them to deny warranty work based solely on lift.

As mentioned before, they have to prove the mods caused the issue but they still hold the power to flag your rig for any reason and then it's up to you to prove them wrong.

Yeah that's like what happend with Eddie when his got flagged

RedRum

Seems a lot of people have the same problem and That's what they say when they are tired of looking lol ... If they give me grief bout it I'll just let it go till it fails then at least I had it documented at 6k miles that there was a problem.

Exactly I have it documented that it's been an ongoing problem ! Good luck

Top Bottom