Need Help Please!!!!!

Jay_r24

I was driving home and smelt burning oil, I pulled over and there was oil all over the engine compartment and it was leaking from somewhere underneath. Anyone know what could possible be the cause? Or where I start to look first? Thank you much appreciated ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424914796.276474.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424914810.603643.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424914837.056527.jpg

Christarp

That is a ton of oil. I'd clean it all up, and top off your engine again and then turn it on briefly and check to see where it's coming from, should be easy to spot since you cleaned it all up.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Grab a light and look it over good. Then clean and go from there. I would say higher rather than lower.

CJW

That's a lot of oil. Does the dipstick show your oil is now low?
If not, did an opened oil quart get left in the engine bay by chance?

Jay_r24

Thanks guys, I degreased the bottom and cleaned all the oil up. Inspected as it was running and it turns out I had a 1/2 in crack/hole on the bottom of my oil filter. I changed the filter topped off the oil and no leaking 🙏. Just hella smoking for all the oil. Looks like I won't be getting my HEMI yet!!! Thanks for the help/suggestions. Much appreciated!!!!!

jeeeep

Hooked
I've had good results with Fram Tough Guard, Mopar or Wix in avoiding drain-back and causing dry starts.

Dry start not your issue but if you hear a sound like the starter is hanging, it may be dry start.

Top Bottom