Horn goes off! Help?

Brankz

Today I was driving I my horn did not work, not big deal maybe a fuse?!
Than I was driving and horn goes off super loud, back in my house I disconnected the negative of my battery for like 10 minutes than I plug it back on, everything was fine for like 2 minutes, I check the oil and again goes off super load so I disconnected the terminal and lefties like that.

How can I fix this?
Read online it may be a clock spring? Wtf is that? How can I replace it? And how much is it?

toxicwaste29

The clock spring is a part inside your steering wheel. I believe the airbag and all has to come off I may be wrong.

God dammed.....
Do you know if I can bypass the clocks spring? Cause I don't need cruse control.

Your dealer should have some sort of warranty even if it is 30 days 3000 miles.

Find your horn and there should be two wires going to it. Just disconnect on of the wires.

The clock spring will also give you a code and you should also get the air bag light.

Brankz

Your dealer should have some sort of warranty even if it is 30 days 3000 miles.

Find your horn and there should be two wires going to it. Just disconnect on of the wires.

The clock spring will also give you a code and you should also get the air bag light.

See the only reason I don't thing is not the clock spring I don't get no airbag lights or nothing like that just horn going off

jeeeep

Hooked
there may be a wire that's corroded and grounding or similar - trace the wires and make sure they're all good.

And for hell's sake turn that horn off!! I'm trying to sleep over here! :icon_crazy:

M22 - Right horn fuse
M23 - Left horn fuse

located in the fuse box in the engine bay

Last edited:

Brankz

there may be a wire that's corroded and grounding or similar - trace the wires and make sure they're all good.

And for hell's sake turn that horn off!! I'm trying to sleep over here! :icon_crazy:

This happen at 7pm today in my complex lol.
3 off my neighbors( old lady's) came out screaming telling me to shut up lol
I don't have tools in this jeep so I had to go to my garage take a number 10 go back to the jeep and disconnect the battery lol....
Now it's disconnected, oh well tomorrow I will pull out fuses 22 and 23.
no more horns for a bit, till I have the extra money to fix.
I have to buy a new nx top, I doubt my dealer will fix the horn

This happen at 7pm today in my complex lol.
3 off my neighbors( old lady's) came out screaming telling me to shut up lol
I don't have tools in this jeep so I had to go to my garage take a number 10 go back to the jeep and disconnect the battery lol....
Now it's disconnected, oh well tomorrow I will pull out fuses 22 and 23.
no more horns for a bit, till I have the extra money to fix.
I have to buy a new nx top, I doubt my dealer will fix the horn

Why do you need a new top ?

Brankz

Why do you need a new top ?

When I purchased my jeep I agree that i fix the header bar and they would take around 900 bucks of the jeep 👍 good deal if you ask me, we are on super almost all year so I'm driving half topless till I find the header for the nx top

rhino

I had the same thing happen in my 07 sahara.... in the middle of the night.

Pulled the fuses and put them back in right before inspection (this was in 2010). It hasn't happened again since then ... knock on wood.

Brankz

I had the same thing happen in my 07 sahara.... in the middle of the night.

Pulled the fuses and put them back in right before inspection (this was in 2010). It hasn't happened again since then ... knock on wood.

I left the negative cable off all night, now it's all good 👍

Top Bottom