PSC Hydro Assist Help

FastZach

So I had a local shop install a stage 2 PSC hydro assist kit. When the jeep is full turn to the right, the drag link hits the ram. It doesn't hit hard but does come into contact. Is this something I should worry about? I do not have a drag link flip kit installed.

Also, since picking it up this morning, the Jeep is super loud when accelerating. It is a real throaty exhaust sound coming from around the engine. Is this expected or what? Did anyone else have this sound after the install? Not sure what could be causing this.

Thanks in advance

SFNick

You'll need a Draglink flip kit for sure. Did they install a Cold Air Intake? That will make it sound more throaty.

jeeeep

Hooked
So I had a local shop install a stage 2 PSC hydro assist kit. When the jeep is full turn to the right, the drag link hits the ram. It doesn't hit hard but does come into contact. Is this something I should worry about? I do not have a drag link flip kit installed.

Also, since picking it up this morning, the Jeep is super loud when accelerating. It is a real throaty exhaust sound coming from around the engine. Is this expected or what? Did anyone else have this sound after the install? Not sure what could be causing this.

Thanks in advance

mine still does a little as well, I need to flip the drag link.

Check your steering bump stop, when I had mine install I had to back out steering bump stop because I was also hitting the differential cover - that'll help a little.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/jeep-jk-wrangler-steer-stop-adjustment

If they mounted the reservoir in the front they probably cut a gap under the stock air intake box.

FastZach

So quick update and calling for some more help. The throaty noise was from a cut in the factory air box.

Another question though. After install the Steering now has a shimmy at 30 mph. It's not death wobble bad but it also wasn't there before. What could be causing this?

So quick update and calling for some more help. The throaty noise was from a cut in the factory air box.

Another question though. After install the Steering now has a shimmy at 30 mph. It's not death wobble bad but it also wasn't there before. What could be causing this?

You have good fluid levels or possible leak? Does the ram actually move or is your steering loose and the ram is soaking the rest up?

jeeeep

Hooked

what's your tire air pressure set at and have you had the tire balance checked?

does the shimmy go away above 30?

do you have a drop pitman arm?

FastZach

Fluid level is good and there is no leak. The steering might be loose, I'll have to check.

PSI on the tires is about 30. And I do not have a drop pitman arm.

I can take pictures of the current set up in a little bit

Top Bottom