JKU Problem

JRied

My brother has a 2010 Sahara with a 3" lift, 35" tires, 17" rims, superchip, and 59k miles. Drove it every day and wheeled on weekends, never an issue with the JK ever. He bought a DD to preserve his jeep and didn't drive it for 3 weeks, we get word our 14yr old brother took it for a spin, tried to hide it ie same parking spot/added a lil gas so no one would notice. So we go out to check it and all looks good until he starts it. ABS, Traction control, and ESP are all lit up. Super chip shows no error code and lil brother swears he drove around the block and hit nothing nor did he off-road etc etc.. Any idea what's going on? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425015052.199105.jpg

Brankz

Check the abs Cable in the wheel that happen in my 2 door
was a1.5 hour fix for me and one buddy

Brankz

I'm pretty sure he was driving and hit a curve or something like that with the tire, that makes all does problems go on too, that happen to me lol that's how I know 😁 changed the abs cable and fix it but after few days same problem i centered the steering wheel all fix 👍 good luck and don't let the brake booster scare you when kicks in lol 😂

JRied

I'm pretty sure he was driving and hit a curve or something like that with the tire, that makes all does problems go on too, that happen to me lol that's how I know 😁 changed the abs cable and fix it but after few days same problem i centered the steering wheel all fix 👍 good luck and don't let the brake booster scare you when kicks in lol 😂

Lol my brother literally just told me he was driving to taco bell and the brakes activated and pulled left

jeeeep

Hooked
it's a Jeep! too tempting not to take for a spin lol

make him do all the prep work of jacking it up, getting it on jack stands and taking the wheels off so you can inspect the ABS lines easily. if he's going to drive it, he may as well get his hands dirty :thumb:

JRied

it's a Jeep! too tempting not to take for a spin lol

make him do all the prep work of jacking it up, getting it on jack stands and taking the wheels off so you can inspect the ABS lines easily. if he's going to drive it, he may as well get his hands dirty :thumb:

That's a good idea! Yea it was too tempting for him being that nobody was home and it was him and his buddies from his baseball team... Probably a "Hey guys watch this!" moment

tdougherty81

I had the same lights come on when I broke the speed sensor in the hubs. I bought new hubs with speed sensors and installed them. Drove down the road and they cleared.

BumblebeeZA

Sounds like speed sensor on the wheels.
Maybe he drove through some bushes and the sensor cable got snagged.

If so, I smell a lot of house chors on the brew :yup:

Top Bottom