Regear cost??

big rick

I have a 2009 JKU Rubicon with 35's and am going to get 5.13 gears installed. I checked with a place this morning and they quoted me, using G2 gears with everything I would need plus labor, out the door, at just over $2100. I think there was some sort of warranty in there too. Does that seem reasonable or do I need to find another place? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Big Rick

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Rick, that sounds crazy expensive especially being that you could make the drive up to Fullerton and have ORE do it for $999. You would save a boat load of money even if you had to rent a car.

Mjay

Seeing as parts are almost 1000 bucks and it's quite a big job, seems reasonable to me. It doesn't hurt to call around and get some different pricing too. Looking up some online reviews of said shops might be a good idea as well.

Mjay

Hey Rick, that sounds crazy expensive especially being that you could make the drive up to Fullerton and have ORE do it for $999. You would save a boat load of money even if you had to rent a car.

Seriously?!?! That's a huge difference from where I am in Canada. I guess the difference in the dollar comes into play though. Didn't think it would be that big of a gap.

pastorwug

How could you possibly go wrong with ORE?
My wife and I enjoyed a lazy afternoon and the following morning at a local Marriotts and they picked us up in a newly re-geared JKUR!
$999 !!!!!!! - I'd say your shopping is over!

You live only 2 hours away, we live over 4 hours away!

How could you possibly go wrong with ORE?
My wife and I enjoyed a lazy afternoon and the following morning at a local Marriotts and they picked us up in a newly re-geared JKUR!
$999 !!!!!!! - I'd say your shopping is over!

You live only 2 hours away, we live over 4 hours away!

^^^^^ x2million. If i lived remotely near that time zone, thats who would do mine...

MTG

Caught the Bug
I have a 2009 JKU Rubicon with 35's and am going to get 5.13 gears installed. I checked with a place this morning and they quoted me, using G2 gears with everything I would need plus labor, out the door, at just over $2100. I think there was some sort of warranty in there too. Does that seem reasonable or do I need to find another place? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Big Rick

Road Trip! Like Eddie said head up to ORE. You will not find a shop that has more experience.

Seeing as parts are almost 1000 bucks and it's quite a big job, seems reasonable to me. It doesn't hurt to call around and get some different pricing too. Looking up some online reviews of said shops might be a good idea as well.

Parts are only aboot $600. :yup: ;)

Big Rick

Go to ORE fir their regear special. $2100 is a bit much for just gears. Parts alone are only $600 with master install kit from Nothridge4x4.

We do them at $999 out the door as well. Takes a day. Drop off in the morning, hit up Coors for the tour, come back and get a regeared jeep!

JK LYF

Yep! What Eddie said ⬆️. Was just there a few days ago and deal still stands! Best deal around AND by a legitimate, experienced company with great customer service.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
+1 on ORE! Headed to them on the 9th to take advantage of the gear install. There were a few shops in the Bay area quoting around $1650-1800, however, I felt the drive to ORE was worth it more so than the $$$ savings.

Wardell

Seriously?!?! That's a huge difference from where I am in Canada. I guess the difference in the dollar comes into play though. Didn't think it would be that big of a gap.

Northridge Canada has a regear package listed at $798.70 CAD (and that's before the forum discount):

http://northridge4x4.ca/shop/jk-rubicon-44-44-gear-package-and-master-overhaul-kits-3893

Anyone know if they just do distribution in Canada, or if they have a shop as well? If they do, it would probably be worth the drive down.

Speeddmn

I'm tempted to drive from the Salt Lake City area down to ORE to have my gears done. Then again it would be a combined trip to see the inlays in Vegas at the same time. Take the wife to the West coast and bask in the sun for a couple days then drive back in a fresh geared jeep!

Mjay

Northridge Canada has a regear package listed at $798.70 CAD (and that's before the forum discount):

http://northridge4x4.ca/shop/jk-rubicon-44-44-gear-package-and-master-overhaul-kits-3893

Anyone know if they just do distribution in Canada, or if they have a shop as well? If they do, it would probably be worth the drive down.

I believe they do have a shop, but the package you linked is parts only, which lines up with what I said about parts costing close to $1000. Install would be extra, I'm guessing around 8 hours at about $110/hr.

xp1ik05

Damn you people with reputable shops and awesome prices everywhere but on the right side of the country.

Top Bottom