Scitzo Auto Climate Control on '15 JKUR

SilverBack

Ok, So I am overseas and don't have a local dealership to go to so I am asking some help/advise here.

I have a new JKUR and it has run great for the first 2700 miles then.... the Auto Climate control started to act up. When warming up it works fine, once it reaches the desire temp it goes cold. Works on Full heat but never reaches better than luke warm after that. I would like to check the sensor but have no idea where it is.

Any ideas on what, where and how to check?

:grayno:

Thank you in advance.

jeeeep

Hooked
Ok, So I am overseas and don't have a local dealership to go to so I am asking some help/advise here.

I have a new JKUR and it has run great for the first 2700 miles then.... the Auto Climate control started to act up. When warming up it works fine, once it reaches the desire temp it goes cold. Works on Full heat but never reaches better than luke warm after that. I would like to check the sensor but have no idea where it is.

Any ideas on what, where and how to check?

:grayno:

Thank you in advance.

I had a 2005 GC that did the same thing, drove me crazy if it was cold out it would heat up then it would kick the A/C on high freeze us out then it would kick the heater on, during the summer it would kick the heater on to the point I had to shut it off wait then turn the A/C back up and do the same crap again.

try disconnecting the negative battery cable, wait 15 minutes and see if it resets.

other than that, on mine (I don't think they've changed that much) the sensor was driver side above the right knee on the lower part of the dash - there was a square with holes in it, there is also a vent module they ended up replacing the module that controls the heating and cooling.

SilverBack

I had a 2005 GC that did the same thing, drove me crazy if it was cold out it would heat up then it would kick the A/C on high freeze us out then it would kick the heater on, during the summer it would kick the heater on to the point I had to shut it off wait then turn the A/C back up and do the same crap again.

try disconnecting the negative battery cable, wait 15 minutes and see if it resets.

other than that, on mine (I don't think they've changed that much) the sensor was driver side above the right knee on the lower part of the dash - there was a square with holes in it, there is also a vent module they ended up replacing the module that controls the heating and cooling.

So finally got my ass in gear and checked this out. I located the sensor and blew some air through it then smacked its a couple of times with the screwdriver for good measure. Not sure what to attribute it to but, now everything works as it should!
Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
Top Bottom