2' vs 3'' lift JKU Rubicon

BumblebeeZA

I have a JKU Rubicon and really looking into a lift.

- 3' lift, do you need to do the drive shafts if you do a on a 4dr, or is it just the springs, track bars, and control arms?
- 2' lift, is it just Springs, coils and rear track bar relocation bracket?

Both the kits im looking at is BDS springs paired with Fox coils.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a JKU Rubicon and really looking into a lift.

- 3' lift, do you need to do the drive shafts if you do a on a 4dr, or is it just the springs, track bars, and control arms?
- 2' lift, is it just Springs, coils and rear track bar relocation bracket?

Both the kits im looking at is BDS springs paired with Fox coils.

2-3 feet of lift is a LOT of lift :eek: :crazyeyes: :cheesy:

How big of a tire are you hoping to run and what year is your Jeep? Do you have an auto or a manual transmission? It really just depends especially on a 4-door.

BumblebeeZA

2-3 feet of lift is a LOT of lift :eek: :crazyeyes: :cheesy:

How big of a tire are you hoping to run and what year is your Jeep? Do you have an auto or a manual transmission? It really just depends especially on a 4-door.

LOL, inch 2' / 3' :cheesy:

Currently have 255/75 R17.
I may fit 285/70 R17 near to the middle of the year, I wont be going 35's just yet due to regearing and all.

I have a 2008 Auto.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL, inch 2' / 3' :cheesy:

Currently have 255/75 R17.
I may fit 285/70 R17 near to the middle of the year, I wont be going 35's just yet due to regearing and all.

I have a 2008 Auto.

285/70R17's have a true measurement of about 33". Advertised 35" tires have a true measurement of about 33". In other words, you are already looking at a small set of tires that would otherwise say 35" on the sidewall. With this, a 2" - 3" lift would be a good choice and on a 2008 4-door with an auto, I would look into getting a new front drive shaft. You will be fine with the factory rear.

BumblebeeZA

285/70R17's have a true measurement of about 33". Advertised 35" tires have a true measurement of about 33". In other words, you are already looking at a small set of tires that would otherwise say 35" on the sidewall. With this, a 2" - 3" lift would be a good choice and on a 2008 4-door with an auto, I would look into getting a new front drive shaft. You will be fine with the factory rear.

Great thanks, will it be fine with the factory shaft on a 3" too...... For now ;)

Mjay

Your factory DS won't blow up the minute you start driving after the install, but it will wear out pre maturely.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great thanks, will it be fine with the factory shaft on a 3" too...... For now ;)

The rear will be fine even with 4" of lift.

Your factory DS won't blow up the minute you start driving after the install, but it will wear out pre maturely.

On a 4-door, the rear will last a long time. If you have too much droop up front, the slip shaft boot will make contact with the transmission skid AND transmission itself causing it to get ripped.

BumblebeeZA

Awesome thanks guys!
I am planning on making a trip up to the USA with my wife in the next couple of years, Id like to meet up some of you, maybe hire a JK and do a trail with some real American Jeepers such as yourselves!

Awesome forum, awesome info, awesome videos.
And Eddie, I might wanna buy a hoody from your online shop, do you ship to South Africa?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome thanks guys!
I am planning on making a trip up to the USA with my wife in the next couple of years, Id like to meet up some of you, maybe hire a JK and do a trail with some real American Jeepers such as yourselves!

Awesome forum, awesome info, awesome videos.
And Eddie, I might wanna buy a hoody from your online shop, do you ship to South Africa?

Yes, we do ship to South Africa but it isn't cheap.

I do hope you can make it up this way sometime. Where I used to live in Southern California, there were a lot of people from South Africa there.

Top Bottom