Minimal lift kits?

mikejr

Hi guys, first "real" post. I'm finally looking into finishing what I started last year in terms of Jeep mods, and I'm thinking it's time to replace the 2" BB pucks on the springs with a true suspension lift.

I have an 07 2dr Rubicon.

The one I've been eyeing is the Rock Krawler 1.5 Expedition w/ shocks, from what I've read lifts tend to run an inch or so higher than advertised and I'd like to keep the lift minimal while increasing travel. I'm not married to this particular lift, so if someone has another suggestion I'd love to hear it.

Trimming the fenders is going to happen as soon as it warms up, and I'm not completely opposed to just going back to stock height but I think the tires will still rub w/ the front sway disconnected.

I'm not wanting to get into driveline issues by going too high, but I do have steel bumpers(ARB stubby front, rear) and a winch(synth line) and just want to clear the tires on full flex - any suggestions?

mikejr

did your bb come with bump stops?

Right... I was debating removing the BB. You're suggesting keeping the BB and just trimming the fenders(?) - that's what I was planing to due when I started looking at suspension kits and getting ideas....

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
not knowing what bb you have or what it came with, i'd trim the fenders and go from there.

Top Bottom