Biggest tires on stock axels

Project-WJ4x4

Right now I have a wj and broke my axel shaft with 32s on a dana35. I'm getting a jk soon and also lookin at doing a jk axel swap to the wj and I'm wanting to run 35s

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Really boils down to the amount of risk you are comfortable accepting. Do you have a 30 or 44 up front?

I am currently running, as with a lot of guys around here, 37s on Rubicon axles with C-Gussets welded on. How long can/will this setup last? As mentioned above, a lot depends on the driver. I personally am hoping to run the factory axles for a year or two before upgrading. That said, I realize the risk of breakage is higher with 37s than 33s.

jango

It depends if you want to leave your axle housing alone or beef it up with new shafts, trusses, gussets, and more. Im going to run 35s on my JKU with a stock D30 and D44. I know a guy who has the same axles front and rear but he put trusses, gussets, and rcv axle shafts and he's running 37s and beadlocks. Really does depend on the driver though. Ive seen people break axles with stock tires and wheels just because they don't wheel smart. Ill be very cautious with my rig on 35s, but I can't justify dropping a couple grand on trusses and gussets and shafts, when i could be saving for a pro rock.

David1tontj

It depends if you want to leave your axle housing alone or beef it up with new shafts, trusses, gussets, and more. Im going to run 35s on my JKU with a stock D30 and D44. I know a guy who has the same axles front and rear but he put trusses, gussets, and rcv axle shafts and he's running 37s and beadlocks. Really does depend on the driver though. Ive seen people break axles with stock tires and wheels just because they don't wheel smart. Ill be very cautious with my rig on 35s, but I can't justify dropping a couple grand on trusses and gussets and shafts, when i could be saving for a pro rock.

Don't waste your money with the truss or sleeves. Gussets are the only thing you should invest in.

Dean454

Are we going to have another discussion about running big tires on stock d30 and hardcore wheeling without breaking? We've been there already.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Are we going to have another discussion about running big tires on stock d30 and hardcore wheeling without breaking? We've been there already.

You can run 40's on a d30 as long as it's sleeved, gusseted, trussed and running 5.38's and RCVs...... Right? :crazyeyes:

Dean454

The best way to answer this question is to buy 40s, put them on that little d30 and see what happens😠

MTG

Caught the Bug
Everybody knows your factory axles will spontaneously explode if you put 37s on them.* So the question is really how long will they last with 35" and smaller. :yup:

*it is a documented medical fact.

Everybody knows your factory axles will spontaneously explode if you put 37s on them.* So the question is really how long will they last with 35" and smaller. :yup:

If that's the case I would skip and go straight to 40's! :yup: stay away from 37's :cheesy:

StrizzyChris

So what I hear you saying, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is that big rubber on a small pinion will make your shaft explode? :eek:

GR8WHITE

As long as you truss your axles you can run 42's on a d35 without a worry in the world. :cheesy: :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom