Maximizing Flex ?'s

ClarksAdventures

I just installed my lift, and had a chance to flex it this weekend before doing a run next weekend.

I think I'm missing something because my front bumpstops are not even close to to hitting yet lifting the front tires with the forklift I can't get the tire to stuff inside the fender. Thoughts?

Here's a picture of me stock, and then one I took tonight after the lift.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425273642.112999.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425273652.448834.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425273662.054042.jpg

ClarksAdventures

Your sway bars disconnected?

That was my first thought. I have a rubi, so I tried both connected and disconnected. I'm second guessing myself as to whether the motor is broken. Although, the light on my dash comes on, and I can hear the motor disconnect( I think).

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I agree, looks like you have a Rubi, did you disconnect before flexing?

Edit: does the light flash or stay on?

ClarksAdventures

I agree, looks like you have a Rubi, did you disconnect before flexing?

Yes. It seemed like it took a little longer than normal. Even had to roll it back and forth a little to hear the motor disconnect. I've heard that motor is kind of a joke. Is there a chance it's gone out? How would I even check it?

ClarksAdventures

I have a light 2 dr as well, I had to try hard to get it to stuff when new. Try to find a crevice that will push up one rear and the opposite front. Like a ditch.

I have 3 forklifts. Haha, think that will work? That's was a thought. It's a new lift with new springs. Maybe I just need to work it in a little Ya?

07JKSahara

Yeah actually, use two forklifts, sometimes it's hard to get one to flex because the other three will pick up the slack. Also check that sway bar, still a little suspicious.

ClarksAdventures

Yeah actually, use two forklifts, sometimes it's hard to get one to flex because the other three will pick up the slack. Also check that sway bar, still a little suspicious.

My top guess is something is wrong with my sway bar motor. Does anybody know how I troubleshoot to see if it's faulty?

Im with everybody else. Front axle doesnt look articulated at all. Manually disconnect the links and remeasure the flex.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My top guess is something is wrong with my sway bar motor. Does anybody know how I troubleshoot to see if it's faulty?

It was asked earlier and you never answered, was the jeep running while on the forklift? Either you have too much bumpstop or you are not disconnected.

Top Bottom