Slight wobble???

Indy14jk

Ok so i have read tons here and there about the death wobble.. Which is what i DO not have....

I changed from 20x10's with 33's to 22x15 with 37's... And has a 6" lift. Both sets of tires have been on with the lift.....

No with the 37's ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425338868.306018.jpg between 35-40 the steering wheel has a slight left n right motion and after 40mph it goes away. My tires were set to 38psi after being mounted and balanced.. I read that most drop to between 28-30 psi with 37" tires. I tried that and it was lil worse. So i reinflated back to 38. Not as bad

Just wondering if it the balancing of the tires? Or possibly that my sway bar disconnects are set to much lenght?

I noticed the other day that the threads are pretty well almost out all the way. I looked up install on it and says that from top to bottom they should be 11". Mine are set at 11.5" from hole to hole. Would that put to much pressure on the sway bar to cause such a issue? Because it was fine with the 33's?

Just wanna make sure it is all right before i start looking elsewhere

And my jk is new and has 5k miles on it so i dont think i could have any bad ball joints

noroad

Have you done a draglink flip? I mean the death wobble is just like an endless thing. you also have a 6inch lift which is a ton. and its hard to say as you dont list have you have done to your jeep out side the 6inch coils. do you have drive shafts?

Indy14jk

It has the rough country x 6" lift... so what ever came with that is what it is... I am new to all of this so i am learning as i go also. But again it did not do this with this lift and the 33's

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Nothing to do with sway bars. Wide tires are probably tracking different than your old tires. How wide are these tires?

JKbrick

After I got my iPad and made your pic bigger your front tires do look overinflated possibly but if the big can stuck in your wheel is full that's your problem!

Indy14jk

After I got my iPad and made your pic bigger your front tires do look overinflated possibly but if the big can stuck in your wheel is full that's your problem!

Lol. Thats a 20 oz red bull can. I took a pic to show a friend how deep the lip was

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I recently bumped up to 37" Nitto Trail Gapplers, however, mounted to a 9" wide rim. After I mounted them, there was a very slight wobble in the steering wheel exactly as you described. I think mine was between 45-50 and was completely smooth above that. I took it to America's Tire and had them balanced. While all tires balanced with minimal weight, the tire on the front left had a noticeable wobble on the tire balancing machine. I drove away with only the fresh balance and didn't really notice any change. Fast forward a couple of weeks and I decided I would swap in my spare to the front left. Wobble is GONE.

Called Discount Tire Direct and they are sending out a replacement tire as soon as they become available (currently on backorder).

Good luck!

Indy14jk

I recently bumped up to 37" Nitto Trail Gapplers, however, mounted to a 9" wide rim. After I mounted them, there was a very slight wobble in the steering wheel exactly as you described. I think mine was between 45-50 and was completely smooth above that. I took it to America's Tire and had them balanced. While all tires balanced with minimal weight, the tire on the front left had a noticeable wobble on the tire balancing machine. I drove away with only the fresh balance and didn't really notice any change. Fast forward a couple of weeks and I decided I would swap in my spare to the front left. Wobble is GONE.

Called Discount Tire Direct and they are sending out a replacement tire as soon as they become available (currently on backorder).

Good luck!

I am going to try a rebalance and see how it goes. Thank you

srosario

I had the same problem, and I did a road force and it helped.
I also was missing the hub centric rings..

Last edited:
Top Bottom