Long arm rebuild

noroad

So im not sure they all need it, but i think its peace of mind that im looking for. I want to rebuild all my control arms before i drive to the Rubicon, So i have a couple of question. Number one being how can i tell what size i have (they are all screw on, not screw in ends). question number two, currie ends or what?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
So im not sure they all need it, but i think its peace of mind that im looking for. I want to rebuild all my control arms before i drive to the Rubicon, So i have a couple of question. Number one being how can i tell what size i have (they are all screw on, not screw in ends). question number two, currie ends or what?

What kit are you running ?

noroad

Why not just search for a rebuild lit online? Can't be that hard.

because this is a jeep forum and im asking other jeep owners what they have switched to for ends and how to tell what size thread they are? I could also call and find out but its 9pm and i would rather hear what people have to say! why are you on the forum if you can just google things?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well as we talked about before I would try and look at Johnny joints for your arms Andrew. As to how to rebuild/swap them I can't help, sorry

noroad

Well as we talked about before I would try and look at Johnny joints for your arms Andrew. As to how to rebuild/swap them I can't help, sorry

I plan to just buy the complete end from what ever company just wanted to see what people where buying/ how to figure out what size it was will out having to talk to rubicon express for a hour.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I plan to just buy the complete end from what ever company just wanted to see what people where buying/ how to figure out what size it was will out having to talk to rubicon express for a hour.

Your talking about thread size correct?

Mjay

because this is a jeep forum and im asking other jeep owners what they have switched to for ends and how to tell what size thread they are? I could also call and find out but its 9pm and i would rather hear what people have to say! why are you on the forum if you can just google things?

If a phone call would answer my question, I would just make said call.

However, I think we all know jonny joints are probably the best option. As far as the sizes of the threads, you could use a nut/bolt you know the size of, tap/die kit and see what fits, etc.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If a phone call would answer my question, I would just make said call.

I think his wants to have a discussion with his jeep friends rather than get the run around from them for an hour on the phone. Most likely they would just try to push there rebuild kit on him which he knows is crap and they wouldn't give him info to put New joints on.

Man you Canadians are really in a mood this week ey

Mjay

I think his wants to have a discussion with his jeep friends rather than get the run around from them for an hour on the phone. Most likely they would just try to push there rebuild kit on him which he knows is crap and they wouldn't give him info to put New joints on.

Man you Canadians are really in a mood this week ey

Eh*

I'm not saying discussing what joints to replace them with is a terrible thing.

On the other hand finding out the size, probably not quite as easy unless someone has done the same and remembers the size.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
On the other hand finding out the size, probably not quite as easy unless someone has done the same and remembers the size.

And maybe that's what he is hoping for. A lot easier getting it from someone who has done it and knows the size than talk to RE on the phone forever like I know he has in the past.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Eh*

How many bolts do you have that are as big as a control arm bushing? I have and have never had any.

Panda

Typical Jonny joints like evo and currie use are 11/4 thread, I believe RE uses a longer shank on their long arm adjustable end that may only be available from RE you may be better off just to rebuild them
Eh*

Eh?
You be surprised the things people here know :yup:

David1tontj

I am doing currie Jonny joints on my rear lowers- they were fixed bushings before, but I wanted something better. They are the industry standard, and I picked these up for $56.00 each.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425360023.934560.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425360063.783133.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425360096.189914.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425360135.151863.jpg

noroad

Typical Jonny joints like evo and currie use are 11/4 thread, I believe RE uses a longer shank on their long arm adjustable end that may only be available from RE you may be better off just to rebuild them

Eh?
You be surprised the things people here know :yup:

Ok thank you, i hope there is something tht fits my main issue with them is they are all super hard to grease. Pluse driving to work today made it completely clear that the Boston winter has won the fiight against my jeep. The pot whole are eating my 37s up like i had a civic, the roads are like wash boards on and throw the abs light on if you drive to fast lol. I need spring to rebuild everything lol.

I am doing currie Jonny joints on my rear lowers- they were fixed bushings before, but I wanted something better. They are the industry standard, and I picked these up for $56.00 each.

Wow very nice man wish i could do that!

JKWrang

This winter has been BRUTAL for our roads. We need a double throw down just to commute around here

Top Bottom