Bikini tops

AZRockJK

I'd like to get a bikini top for my JK but I want to make sure it's as flush as possible. Any feedback on current bikini tips available? The bestop bikini top seems to get good reviews. I heard the Smittybilt didn't fit flush on the newer models.

JKJody

Trektop nx transforms into a bikini top. Kind of expensive for using it only as a bikini but on the other hand you get a soft top as well. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425346088.994181.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425346127.546905.jpg
Its a very tight fit and no flapping. I have the bestop bikini top as well. Not that great, at least for me. I cant stand flapping or loose fitting tops. Bugs the hell out of me. Here is a pic of of my bestop bikini. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425346441.732194.jpg

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
We have the bestop bikini top with header and it's pretty good for us albeit, we strap it differently than bestop.

We've been caught in a couple of storms and with the doors on, other than the trunk area it will keep you dry.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Trektop nx transforms into a bikini top. Kind of expensive for using it only as a bikini but on the other hand you get a soft top as well. View attachment 128157 View attachment 128158
Its a very tight fit and no flapping. I have the bestop bikini top as well. Not that great, at least for me. I cant stand flapping or loose fitting tops. Bugs the hell out of me. Here is a pic of of my bestop bikini. View attachment 128167

That is a bad ass looking rig you got there. I am sold and will get that top for my 2 dr. I agree with the top for few hundred more get the whole thing.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
At 6'4" the top of my head rubs on the spiderwebshade, so I picked up a VDP KoolBreez which sits flush at the top of the bars and does not touch my head. Paired with a Bestop 51243-01 header windshield channel, it is taut and does not lift or flap on the highway.

20141122_155551 ps.jpg

Last edited:

JKJody

That is a bad ass looking rig you got there. I am sold and will get that top for my 2 dr. I agree with the top for few hundred more get the whole thing.

Thanks, and yea you cant go wrong with the trektop. Money well spent.

Slappy32

Living in the Florida Keys, I run 90% of the time with my top removed. I've found that the noise of a solid material bikini top flapping around to be unacceptable. I use a Spiderweb shade top and it is amazingly quiet and gives the feeling of open air while cutting down on the South Florida sun dramatically. It stays on permanently under my twill TrekTop NX.

IMG_2642.jpg

AZRockJK

Thanks for the suggestions! Looks like the trektop nx with the spidershade will be meet my needs.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the suggestions! Looks like the trektop nx with the spidershade will be meet my needs.

There is a $50 mails rebate with them right now and I am curious if any vendors on here have any additional discounts. I am purchasing this top as well.

sjd78

If the Trek Top makes into a bikini top then what's the point of having something like a spiderweb shade undernieth?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If the Trek Top makes into a bikini top then what's the point of having something like a spiderweb shade undernieth?

Incase you want to take the bikini part off as well. Most don't so in that sense it's pointless to have the spiderweb

catahoula

Caught the Bug

I made my own shade for the top and sides to help keep my doge better contained. As for the top you can flip it over and use the shade there.

Lil Nasty

Living in the Florida Keys, I run 90% of the time with my top removed. I've found that the noise of a solid material bikini top flapping around to be unacceptable. I use a Spiderweb shade top and it is amazingly quiet and gives the feeling of open air while cutting down on the South Florida sun dramatically. It stays on permanently under my twill TrekTop NX.

IMG_2642.jpg

I miss my spiderweb shade! I was thinking about the TrekTop NX with a shade permanently on.

sjd78

Does the spiderweb shade still allow much sun to filter through? I ask because I have a Trek Armor shade sitting brand new in the box waiting to be installed. Although I'm considering ordering a Trek Top and just pulling the windows when I want a bikini top. How much of a pain in the ass is it to take the windows out and make it into a bikini? I like the idea of being able to easily go back to a full top when needed when weather changes instead of having to put my hard top back on.

Lil Nasty

Does the spiderweb shade still allow much sun to filter through? I ask because I have a Trek Armor shade sitting brand new in the box waiting to be installed. Although I'm considering ordering a Trek Top and just pulling the windows when I want a bikini top. How much of a pain in the ass is it to take the windows out and make it into a bikini? I like the idea of being able to easily go back to a full top when needed when weather changes instead of having to put my hard top back on.

I think they say 40% light pass through. I'm commonly referred to as a "Reverse ginger", light freckled skin with brown hair ( a stray red every now and then). The spiderweb shade is perfect for the right amount of light for me. The only part that needs sunscreen on me in the summer is my left quad and calf.

Top Bottom