April 24-26 Tahoe to Bodie and Surrounding Areas

SierraSilver

We have always wanted to see Bodie and seem to have trouble finding a good excuse to go down that far(from Sacramento). No more excuses, and we would love to do this 2 night trip with friends from the forum. Space should not be an issue as there are numerous places to stay in both evening destinations.

Plan is to meet in South Lake Tahoe Friday April 24th at the Raleys parking lot at the "Y" and leave by 1pm for Bridgeport. There are openings at the Bridgeport Inn for Friday night (the only inn with a restaurant and bar). If weather continues to be dry there should be enough time to check out Loop Canyon Rd on Monitor Pass and some old mine operations. The 2015 stream fishing season open saturday the 25th for all streams including the East Walker River outside of Bridgeport. Saturday morning leave Bridgeport with a lunch and take the Ghost Town loop along Masonic Rd to the ruins of the Chemung and Masonic Mines, and end up in Bodie State Park for lunch. Saturday night we will stay at the Carson Valley Inn before going home by way of South Lake Tahoe, after some fun on the Twin Peaks trail near the "Y".

This is more of a fun, family friendly spring mountain and Eastern Sierra run/ fishing trip than a heavy wheeling trip. With that said, a good set of tires will be required for the very rocky portions of the back roads into Bodie, and as always a well stocked trail tool bag. Camping is available for those that wish to camp instead of the hotels. If a freak winter storm closes any portions of the trip I will post it here. Thanks!

Marty

SierraSilver

I will make the Bridgeport reservations next week, so try to let me know and I will get some rooms held. If anybody is staying at the Carson Valley Inn, rooms were going fast.

SierraSilver

Is anybody planning on meeting us in Tahoe or Brideport? I don't want to wait around too long if nobody is coming. There's a couple other JK's meeting us in Bridgeport, and I think we will be spending some time west of Mono or possibly at Aurora east of Bodie if anybody is interested. Lots of old mine stuff to check out. Does anybody want to meet for a drink or dinner at Carson Valley Inn Saturday night, we would love the company?

Top Bottom