New jk, new lift..?

jivesis

So the old jk is going and a new one comming. The only change I'm going to make is the lift. It's now my dd and is supper stiff and smashing me, any little bump I feel it. Great off road but unfortunatlly don't get away enough. It a 4 door,3" synergy lift, synergy arms, fox RR and steering upgrades, 37 km2s running at 24psi. Winch,Front and rear bars, rack and sliders.
Looking for a 3-4 " lift that's nice and soft on the highway but still works well on the trails..

Was thinking evo plush coils, mc arms and poly drag link and track bar upgrades. Prob adjustable fox or kings but have heard a few say that even on there stiffest setting both shocks are still on the stiff side..
Thanks for any help,!! Commimg to visit the states soon with my family for 3 months so hoping to see some tuff Jks and take home a heap of goodies..:)

jivesis

Anyone? Anyone think that this would be a good lift for a daily driver and do ok in the trail..?

Clem319

You can read through countless posts and see that almost everyone enjoys the ride on the EVO plush ride coils. I would not mix and match it. Just go with the EVO enforcer lift and drag link flip.

kpig

I'm running your desired setup. Evo 4" plush coils with metalcloak arms, and evo drag link flip.

Others here are correct in that the enforcer would be good bang for the buck. I've already replaced the metalcloak track bar because the bushings were sliding out and replaced 2 sets of the 6 pak shocks because they kept stiffening up after a year. Metalcloak tried to resolve the issue, but I just decided to go back to Rancho 9000s, which match the plush coils really well. Ironically, with 37's and 3" bump stops, I have the same amount of useable travel with the rancho 9000s as I had with the overly expensive 6 pack shocks. I haven't serviced the bushings on the arms yet, but they seem to be the only things holding up with this kit. I would call Evo and ask their suggestion for shock recommendation. They simply know what works.

Reaper

evo enforcer kit

the evo enforcer kit is alot of money for not alot of hardware. for the 1200 for the kit without shocks you can go rock krawler 3.5" Max travel and get all 4 arms all 4 brake lines and all 4 sway bar connections for the same amount of money.... I got a hell of a deal for calling www.northridge4x4.com

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
the evo enforcer kit is alot of money for not alot of hardware. for the 1200 for the kit without shocks you can go rock krawler 3.5" Max travel and get all 4 arms all 4 brake lines and all 4 sway bar connections for the same amount of money.... I got a hell of a deal for calling www.northridge4x4.com

Enforcer comes with brake lines

Reaper

no but when you are comparing the top lifts in the market AE: Rock krawler, EVO, Currie, Metalcloak for the money out of the top rated lifts out there Rock krawler is the best bang for the buck. ALL are quality lifts.

Reaper

Doesnt come with bump stops. You need to order bump stop per the application you will be running AE 37" tire would need more bump the a 33 or a 35. I never had any problem with my rock krawler bushings at all...... Listen Im not saying EVO is a bad kit im just saying for the money If i were going to go a coil lift I would go with the rock krawler kit max travel kit over the EVO enforcer kit because of the hardware it comes with over the hardware the EVO kit comes with. Both are great kits.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Doesnt come with bump stops. You need to order bump stop per the application you will be running AE 37" tire would need more bump the a 33 or a 35. I never had any problem with my rock krawler bushings at all...... Listen Im not saying EVO is a bad kit im just saying for the money If i were going to go a coil lift I would go with the rock krawler kit max travel kit over the EVO enforcer kit because of the hardware it comes with over the hardware the EVO kit comes with. Both are great kits.

I agree, but once you add bump stops the pricing is closing in. You don't need rear lowers. You do need bump stops. Both kits would benefit from drag link flip kit.

To be fair, they have switched from the out dated poly joints to a newer flex joint design.

Tigrcky

I thought the op was looking for a good soft ride, evo is where it's at, I have ridden in a jeep with plush rides and one with rock crawler, while rock crawler offered a nice ride, it was nothing like the plush rides. But then again I hear coil overs are even better...

Reaper

I agree, but once you add bump stops the pricing is closing in. You don't need rear lowers. You do need bump stops. Both kits would benefit from drag link flip kit.

To be fair, they have switched from the out dated poly joints to a newer flex joint design.

Yeah bump stops are needed per your application if you want to run 37's on the enforcer lift you will need new bump stops as well hahaha. The new joints are really nice as well. Totally agree on the drag link flip though! I was trying to decide between metalcloak Evo and Rock krawler. I eventually decided to save up for EVO coil overs because im crazy like that, but for the spring lift as is Rock krawler is a VERY nice lift for the money and the EVO kit is a very nice kit as well you just get more with rock krawler

Reaper

I thought the op was looking for a good soft ride, evo is where it's at, I have ridden in a jeep with plush rides and one with rock crawler, while rock crawler offered a nice ride, it was nothing like the plush rides. But then again I hear coil overs are even better...

was this with there new triple rates or the older progressive coils?

Top Bottom