Rugged Ridge Flat Fender Liners

hudginsja

Hello All!

I saw these on Northridges website last night and I was wondering if they would work with the DIY fender chop.

I cut my front ones this last weekend and although the inner liner doesn't look really bad, I just thought it could look more better👍

They are a little pricey so I figured I would ask first!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425392744.647937.jpg

I would post a link, but I am technologically challenged😬

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yea it looks like it would work if you feel like spending the money on them.

For the rear what I would do is just remove the liner and spray paint the wheel well black. For only $7 or so a can its nice and simple.

For the front you can actually trim the liner down to fit better or just remove it completely. Then do the same thing as you did for the read and spray paint the factory paint black so it blends better

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another vote for NOT spending your money on things you don't need. If it were me, I'd just leave out the liners altogether. But, that's just me.

hudginsja

Thanks guys. I did cut down the factory ones, and it seems to be working for now. Its basically only a cosmetic thing and only when I decide to look! Guess I should look at things I don't want to see!

It's probably too late but if you leave extra liner from your cut you can use a heat gun and do some custom shaping to fill the gap (or close the hole) at the top rear of the front liners. I'm pretty sure this what you're concerned about. I experimented with the cuttings and wish I would have tried this method. Hopefully I can find a stock set and maybe make a template.

hudginsja

Well it is too late, but that's a good idea. I ended up using a piece of the fender that got trimmed off and bought some of those cheap plastic fasteners to help keep everything in place and so it doesn't flap going down the road

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425414319.384020.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That's what mine looks like. Actually yours is a cleaner cut than mine lol. I say just leave it as is and put the money toward other parts that are more important

Top Bottom