Time for an upgrade, but what's next for me?

tlminh

Here's my current set up

2012 JKU Sport 3.73 auto, no LSD
D30 with truss kit and reinforced gussets
2.5 inch Teraflex lift with fox shocks
35s on 17 XD wheels
Viair 400c OBA
Underbelly skids, rock lights, aftermarket tie rod and SS (stock track bar and suspension arms)
PSC front bumpers, fenders and sides
Warn winch, Cb radio, etc

She's also my DD

Typically wheeled just a few times per year, but new infant forced me to take a break for past 1 year. Want to get back into things now

When I've wheeled with my club, (jeep trails and rock crawling) seems like I'm doing well. Picking the right lines, only hitting the skinny pedal as needed. Have passed through most obstacles that other more modified jeeps get through as well. And when I do get stuck, just winch out, or have someone pull me out. I do seem to scrape over obstacles more than my peers, and high centering over rocks too

Mulling between a few options

1. Dynatrac D44 front with ARB lockers front and rear, hooked up to 400c, MAYBE regear?

2. Up my lift to a 4 inch and swap to 37s when my current 35s go bad?

What would you guys do?
Any other options as far as upgrades you'd consider?

hlax2525

The Prorock 44 would probably be your best bet at this point. Although you could run a 37 on a D30, it probably wouldn't be the best idea. The Prorock up front and regearing to 5.13 front and rear would run really well. After that, you could run the 35's until you have enough money for the 37's. In doing so, you'll have a more logical progression, as running the 37 on a 30, would probably lead to breaks if you really wheeled it.

noroad

I say new lift of 3.5 and 37s, then regear then a pr44. as you dont wheel every weekend/ its a DD and seem to have and idea of were you want to take your jeep.

tlminh

My D30 is already trussed, gusseted and LCA skids with artec armor. If I stick with 35s, all I really need are front and rear lockers, maybe replace axle shafts?

Top Bottom