Recalls "transmission tubes"!

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Has anyone had there recall completed? Jeep is going in Thursday for fix. Was wondering if anyone had any issues after the fix.

Last edited:

Tanner505

Had mine done no issues before or after, have them do the heated mirror recall as well if you're jeep has them

Recurve

Transmission tubes? You talking about the trans oil cooler lines? I have an 08 an mine are always hot, they leaked really bad too. I replaced them, no leaks but trans oil still runs hot. Im going to get a mishimoto oil cooler here soon.
I thought the 09+ JK'S didnt have any problems? Because they came with stock oil coolers?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Transmission tubes? You talking about the trans oil cooler lines? I have an 08 an mine are always hot, they leaked really bad too. I replaced them, no leaks but trans oil still runs hot. Im going to get a mishimoto oil cooler here soon.
I thought the 09+ JK'S didnt have any problems? Because they came with stock oil coolers?

I know I got a recall notice last year for my 2013 2 door. They had it for a day to fix it. Never had any issues out of it though, at least not with that recall! Lol!

Drunic

I have to remove the Rugged Ridge snorkel tube before they will do it. If there is aftermarket in the area they won't touch it.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I had mine done, they just put these hoses in. No problems so far.

Attachments

• 1425494071491.jpg
    1425494071491.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 130

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
And if they don't touch your jeep for whatever reason or you want something until they get you in, this is a quick fix. The problem was the metal lines were rubbing. Just zip tie some rubber fuel line until they get you in.

Attachments

• 1425494419339.jpg
    1425494419339.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 128

Drunic

I had it in last week and they told me no and that was their reason. That's a good quick fix, thanks. They will replace the lines with new ones when I do finally go in.

Did it last month but tried three months ago until the dealer wanted to charge me 600 dollars in labor to remove bumper, skid plate and winch to get to cooler and lines...! So I had to do the removal ! Then after it was done and back home I got notice on the heated mirror recall!!!! assholes! :asshat:

Tanner505

Did it last month but tried three months ago until the dealer wanted to charge me 600 dollars in labor to remove bumper, skid plate and winch to get to cooler and lines...! So I had to do the removal ! Then after it was done and back home I got notice on the heated mirror recall!!!! assholes! :asshat:

I'm with you on the mirror recall lol, they called me this morning about saying they had parts, my issue is i just got my jeep regeared and they do a free multi point inspection and I'm still in the break in period on the gears and I'm not taking it in until I finish breaking it in and have the fluids replaced lol

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Just picked up jeep from having lines replaced. I going to be driving allot from NorCal and SoCal for next 3 or 4 months wanted to make sure everything was in good working order.

Clem319

You will probably have to take off your lift kit and light bars to fix the mirrors 😂

ECHOE

I had the trans oil cooler lines replaced last month- no problem. I knew about the heated mirror recall at that time too. They told me the only fix they had for the mirror issue was essentially just to take the fuse out- not really a fix....Let me know if you had it done and they actually did something worthwhile.

Wardell

This is the first I hear about this recall. Anyone have the details, like the production years it applies to, etc?

Top Bottom