Fox Performance Series shocks

BumblebeeZA

I may be ordering Fox Performance Series shocks to go with my 2" spacer lift.
I will get the BDS coils later on in the year.

Will I need new bump stops, or will the stock ones work fine?
I will manufacture my own break line extension brackets.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As long as your coils are not over compressing as is now then you will not need longer bump stops.

What you should be worried about is not getting a shock that to long so that your coils don't unseat when you flex out.

What lift are you planning on going with after the 2" bb?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I may be ordering Fox Performance Series shocks to go with my 2" spacer lift.
I will get the BDS coils later on in the year.

Will I need new bump stops, or will the stock ones work fine?
I will manufacture my own break line extension brackets.

Assuming your 2" spacer lift came with bump stop extensions, no, you will not need new ones. Being that you have a 2008 with an automatic, you should make sure that your shocks aren't too long as if they allow for too much droop, you will damage your front drive shaft.

BumblebeeZA

Assuming your 2" spacer lift came with bump stop extensions, no, you will not need new ones. Being that you have a 2008 with an automatic, you should make sure that your shocks aren't too long as if they allow for too much droop, you will damage your front drive shaft.

Is there a way to stop the drooping at a certain point?
I never received bump stop with my BB :thinking:

I can make my own here at work, but what length do I add?
Do I drill a hole for the front bump stops to put in a "spacer plate" at the bottom so the factory stop bumps against that?
the rear I see there is already a hole for a bump stop.

On a 2" lift, what size bump stop extensions will I need?

BumblebeeZA

As long as your coils are not over compressing as is now then you will not need longer bump stops.

What you should be worried about is not getting a shock that to long so that your coils don't unseat when you flex out.

What lift are you planning on going with after the 2" bb?

Planning on the 2" BDS lift coils.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

So long as you are running the right length shock, they should determine the amount of droop you have.

Do I drill a hole for the front bump stops to put in a "spacer plate" at the bottom so the factory stop bumps against that?

With just 2" of lift, you may not need them but, if you plan on flexing your Jeep a lot, I would try to install 2" bump stop extensions. These are mainly so that you do not over compress your coils. I would just drill and tap your axle spring perch and install the spacer there.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

A good rule of thumb is to have the same amount (or within .5") of bump stop as you do lift.

The cheapest bump stops would be some hockey pucks. They are cheap and would work great. Just drill a hole down the middle of 1 or two of them and bolt them to the axle.

BumblebeeZA

I just ordered and paid for my Fox performance series shocks, I should get them on Monday :rock:
While placing my order, I added the bump stops and the proper brake relocation brackets to my order.

Next month Im looking at new springs and removing the coil spacers as well as lower control arms and track bars.
Month thereafter, nice shiny new Fox steering stabilizer :brows:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I just ordered and paid for my Fox performance series shocks, I should get them on Monday :rock:
While placing my order, I added the bump stops and the proper brake relocation brackets to my order.

Next month Im looking at new springs and removing the coil spacers as well as lower control arms and track bars.
Month thereafter, nice shiny new Fox steering stabilizer :brows:

Don't do the SS, it's not needed. The stock one is actually better for the size tires your running and you can run the stock up up to 37's with no issues.

BumblebeeZA

So I get my new shocks and goodies on Monday.

As for the springs, the shop only seems to have the Rubicon Express springs in stock and they have the 2.5" in stock.
Are these good? They are selling for R2810 ($238) for the front pair and R2810 ($238) for the rear.

should these compliment the fox shocks?
Would this be a huge benefit over the coil and spacer setup?

chipper

You can get the Evo plush ride coils from Northridge 4x4 for $189 a pair. Plus free shipping. It's a great ride, you won't regret it.

BumblebeeZA

You can get the Evo plush ride coils from Northridge 4x4 for $189 a pair. Plus free shipping. It's a great ride, you won't regret it.

Im in South Africa, Northridge Shipping is is between $500 - $750 the last time they quoted me.
Free shipping only applies to USA shipments I think.
But thanks ;)

Top Bottom