2012 Intake w/ PSC Hydro Kit

EZ-E

For those of you with the 3.6, what intake did you use with the PSC Reservoir? I've been trying to figure out how to make the stock intake work but seems like there isn't nearly enough room.

EZ-E

I just got the kit yesterday from PSC, so I'm assuming they sent me the new bracket. Still doesn't seem like there is enough room without hacking the stock box up. Guess I'll tinker with it some more.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just got the kit yesterday from PSC, so I'm assuming they sent me the new bracket. Still doesn't seem like there is enough room without hacking the stock box up. Guess I'll tinker with it some more.

First, I wouldn't assume you got the new bracket. Second, if you did, you do still need to trim the bottom of the box but, that's okay being that your air flows up into the tube.

EZ-E

First, I wouldn't assume you got the new bracket. Second, if you did, you do still need to trim the bottom of the box but, that's okay being that your air flows up into the tube.

Figured you would say that, lol. Yea I'm good with that, the width is what I'm having a problem with. I'll snap a pic when I get home from work to see if you guys can tell me where I'm going wrong.

EZ-E

I got the stock intake to work, but I don't like the fit or finish. It's super tight and filling or checking the fluid would be a huge pain. So I'm gonna pull it and I ordered an AFE intake. I don't live in a dusty area and I avoid mud/deep water so the open element filter should be ok.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425565565.454765.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I got the stock intake to work, but I don't like the fit or finish. It's super tight and filling or checking the fluid would be a huge pain. So I'm gonna pull it and I ordered an AFE intake. I don't live in a dusty area and I avoid mud/deep water so the open element filter should be ok.

View attachment 128778

How much would you be willing to sell your factory air box and PSC reservoir for?

EZ-E

How much would you be willing to sell your factory air box and PSC reservoir for?

I should've been more specific, I'm keeping the PSC res and pulling the stock intake. You can have the stock intake for free, just pay shipping and it's yours. I cut a chunk out of the bottom of the box, though to clear the hoses to the pump.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I should've been more specific, I'm keeping the PSC res and pulling the stock intake. You can have the stock intake for free, just pay shipping and it's yours. I cut a chunk out of the bottom of the box, though to clear the hoses to the pump.

Not that he won't, but if Wayoflife doesn't want it, I'll take it.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug

View attachment 128778

Do you have any other pics of this setup?

Tanner505

If anyone else's needs a stock air intake I have an extra one minus the scoop that went to my airaid intake, but I has the hoses ect.. Free if you want it just cover shipping

KrawlerJK

Watch for puddles... SERIOUSLY... I speak from experience. Unless you really want to speed up the process of a motor swap!

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug

View attachment 128778

I have the new bracket too and there is no way the stock box will fit without SUBSTANTIAL cutting. I messed with this for hours. Either that or you can position the reservoir so that the cap won't open without removing the radiator cap first. I believe the best way to get around this is get the more dual battery tray setup. The reason I didn't go that route is that most my aftermarket electrical items would have to have their wires extended. I'm using the infamous Mopar intake for now.

How well does the original airbox with original filter protect from water. Seen many wranglers going down in puddles so deep water come up on the hood for a very brief moment. There is some kind of rubber edge on the box inlett with the edge towards the front of the jeep. Does that edge have contact with the hood to protect for watersplash?

I do understand that you can not let your front go down below waterline and drive but how well does it protect from the waves that can go up on the hood like in this short movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwzjo_n1uKU

Is that on the edge of catastropf or is it in safe marginals?

Best Regards

Top Bottom