JKS Adjustable Rear Spring Mount

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I had to lookup the product....

You may get some spring bowing but as long as you aren't trying to do one of those longer CA "stretches" you'll be fine. A bit of a bow never hurt anybody.

Last edited:

Panda

I did a search here and can't find any information on adjustable rear spring mounts.

Is this something that is necessary?

It is more necessary for a two door when you adjust the rear pinion angle for a higher lift the stock spring perches will be tilted backward more causing excessive bow in the rear springs, these will center your coils back on top of the axle

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It is more necessary for a two door when you adjust the rear pinion angle for a higher lift the stock spring perches will be tilted backward more causing excessive bow in the rear springs, these will center your coils back on top of the axle

This^^^ the jks perches will be my next purchase when I get some plush rides

noroad

I was thinking about getting these a as well, my 2 door has a bow in the rears as well, only thing that i wasnt to over the top about is that the old mount is cut off and its just u bolted on.

I was thinking about getting these a as well, my 2 door has a bow in the rears as well, only thing that i wasnt to over the top about is that the old mount is cut off and its just u bolted on.

You seem to be destined to come to Ohio and have some welding work done ;)

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I plan to do the weld on spring mounts once it warms up and I can work outside, those can be either set in "stock" or a "stretch" spot :thumb:

I really don'y know much about the JKS ones other than them being a bolt on. I am tentatively planning on using the Artec ones when I stretch the 2-door. They are weld on and half the cost. I suppose one thing nice about the bolt on is the ability to adjust then easily if you change lift heights.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I really don'y know much about the JKS ones other than them being a bolt on. I am tentatively planning on using the Artec ones when I stretch the 2-door. They are weld on and half the cost. I suppose one thing nice about the bolt on is the ability to adjust then easily if you change lift heights.

Thats the ones Im gonna use, just couldnt remember the name. Well thats if I evey start to actually use my welders lol.

Thats the ones Im gonna use, just couldnt remember the name. Well thats if I evey start to actually use my welders lol.

Yep, I'm going for a 5" rear stretch. I am pretty sure I can cut and move the spring and shock mounts back 4" pretty easy, then the Artec perches will get me one more. I only plan to move the front forward 1-2" My goal is a TJ LJ 102"

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

That's the thing I like about the jks ones is that they are adjustable. I could get them now to adjust the bow I have and then when I go higher I can adjust them again.

Oh hell I'm just gonna get coilovers to bypass this altogether lol

:cheesy: I think if I were out west or somewhere I went fast off road I would be more interested in COs. I am a guy that will admit when I don't know something and adjusting and setting up COs is something I know nothing about. So, I plan to keep the springs....

noroad

That's the thing I like about the jks ones is that they are adjustable. I could get them now to adjust the bow I have and then when I go higher I can adjust them again.

then you can take them off and sell them!

Thanks for the replies guys.

I think I'm going to go for it. I'm just not sure if it will work with the EVO Trackbar Bracket. I might end up having to use weld ons. I'll report back with how it goes when I get them.

Panda

I've heard there is no problem with the bolt on jks they are very strong with the U bolts and you can always change them up if you change lift or remove for coil overs, plus no risk of welding on your axle, I'll definitely be doing the jks soon :thumb:

noroad

Thanks for the replies guys.

I think I'm going to go for it. I'm just not sure if it will work with the EVO Trackbar Bracket. I might end up having to use weld ons. I'll report back with how it goes when I get them.

Yes, please post up when you get them!

Top Bottom