Transporting JK 2-door.

RebelconJk

So my wife and I currently live in Richmond. We are moving to the the Boulder Colorado area, my question is have any of you used a U-Haul auto transport on your jeep? I have an 07 with 6in long arm on 37s. Any info would be great. Thanks.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So my wife and I currently live in Richmond. We are moving to the the Boulder Colorado area, my question is have any of you used a U-Haul auto transport on your jeep? I have an 07 with 6in long arm on 37s. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Most won't rent if the tire size is too big. If you get one just tell them that it is for a stock jeep. I've used uhaul in the past and always tell them it's for a stock vehicle and always have a big truck to pull it.

t8er

The straps they give you will go around a 32" tire. Do not tell them your jeep has 37's. Instead rent the trailer and then get your own tie down straps.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The straps they give you will go around a 32" tire. Do not tell them your jeep has 37's. Instead rent the trailer and then get your own tie down straps.

I would rather strap the frame anyway so it doesn't bounce around.

RebelconJk

Cool, thanks. Yeah I didn't tell them it has 37s on it. I'm going to be pulling it behind a box truck that I'm getting from them too. What straps would you guys recommend?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Cool, thanks. Yeah I didn't tell them it has 37s on it. I'm going to be pulling it behind a box truck that I'm getting from them too. What straps would you guys recommend?

Four heavy duty ratchet straps and attach them to the frame. There are cutouts at the front and rear you can hook them to.

toxicwaste29

I've found it cheaper to rent an equipment trailer through general rent all and they never ask questions and come with chain tie downs. Don't know if you have one near you though.

RebelconJk

Thanks for the info! I'll pick up some ratchet straps. I'm not moving till the end of June. Looking forward to hitting the trails in CO!

Top Bottom