Help me choose a lift!

tonytony9

So, I really want to get a lift on my rig and I need some advice. I am trying to do this sorta on a budget but let me know what you guys think.

I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler unlimited 3.8l v6 automatic with 295's (about 33inchs) and 1.5 inch wheel spacers. My rig has about 116k miles on it and it is a daily driver. During the school year I put about 1k a month on it driving to school everyday. Once I leave for college this number will significantly decrease. The rig has never been off-roades hardcore. Only some small, fun trails.

I was thinking of doing the 2.5inch lifts that companies like Teraflex make. Those little black metal things you put under the coils or whatever (sorry I'm a newbie).

But I also want to make sure I am really going to get the hight im looking for. I have seen some 3.5 inch lifts and I really love them.

So what should I do? I don't want to spend a fortune but I'm willing to spend some money. I would also like to be able to do the instal myself so I don't have to spend an extra grand on labor.

Also, what should I expect for my rig since it has a decent amount of miles on it? I don't want it to really damage my truck.

Thanks guys!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
A 2.5" budget boost (those hockey pucks on top of the spring your referring to) is a cheap way to get lift and run a larger tire. For your budget needs this is the best way to go. A decent kit would be the teraflex bb with the shock extensions. You can use the stock coils and shocks (if you like the stock shocks) for a decent price.

tonytony9

A 2.5" budget boost (those hockey pucks on top of the spring your referring to) is a cheap way to get lift and run a larger tire. For your budget needs this is the best way to go. A decent kit would be the teraflex bb with the shock extensions. You can use the stock coils and shocks (if you like the stock shocks) for a decent price.

How do you think I would be expecting to pay for a good 3.5 lift? Also including all the other non-suspension related parts I would have to replace. I heard you sometimes need new driveshafts

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
How do you think I would be expecting to pay for a good 3.5 lift? Also including all the other non-suspension related parts I would have to replace. I heard you sometimes need new driveshafts

Well a good price point to look at is the Evo enforcer which is around $1500 so that's an idea of what it's going to cost.

As far as what else you will need you will need front drive shaft. For the rest it really depends on what your kit comes with as to what you would need.

What size tires do you plan to run that makes you want to do a 3.5" lift?

Hobolobo

I'm sure someone will chime in if i'm wrong but, anything over 3" will need new driveshafts. And you will need adj control arms for the front lower and rear upper.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm sure someone will chime in if i'm wrong but, anything over 3" will need new driveshafts. And you will need adj control arms for the front lower and rear upper.

Since he had a 4 door he would only need front lower and a front DS.

tonytony9

Well a good price point to look at is the Evo enforcer which is around $1500 so that's an idea of what it's going to cost.

As far as what else you will need you will need front drive shaft. For the rest it really depends on what your kit comes with as to what you would need.

What size tires do you plan to run that makes you want to do a 3.5" lift?

I plan on running my current size tire until I need new ones. But I may just go with the 2.5 inch lift which you were recommending.

Jk909

There is no reason to put a big lift on it unless you are making room for tires. 2.5 is perfect, you don't want to have to correct all of the geometry if you're on a budget. 2.5 looks good and doesn't really change much on the jeep.

BlackHawk08jk

I ran rough country budget lift like you are talking for about two years, before just switching to a four inch rough country lift. I ran 35s wit flat fenders and loved it for what it was. I would recommend there kit.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I ran rough country budget lift like you are talking for about two years, before just switching to a four inch rough country lift. I ran 35s wit flat fenders and loved it for what it was. I would recommend there kit.

I second the 2.5" Rough Country BB. Currently running it with 35s. I have 2" bump stops and a small amount of rubbing in the rear.

Top Bottom