Whats the Beef with RE Lift Kits??

yoyoyeo02

Just out of curiosity, what is the big deal against RE lift kits? When i bought my '08 JKX in 09, i threw a Super Flex 3.5" kit on it and loved it. Nice solid control arms, was a pretty good ride combined with bilstein 5100 shocks. I know there are cheaper kits, but for how complete it was, i thought it was pretty awesome. Definately held up better than my buddies rough country set up. Please dont get me wrong, to each their own and this is just for me to hear of others experiences, but i liked it. $1600 for a complete system(w/o shocks) doesnt seem that bad to me. No, i am not a vendor, dealer or anything like that, just newer than some to the lift world. Thanks in advance for humoring my questions!! :) Love the community and am already learning a ton!!

YoYo

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe I missed something but what beef are you referring to? If you like their products - buy them. Who cares what anyone else thinks :naw:

Speeddmn

For 1600 you can get the EVO Enforcer kit with shocks... Its a great kit and will last forever, cant really go wrong with it!

TerpForHire

I'm not 100% sure of the details, but they were bought out by 4WP's parent company Transamerican Auto Parts. So the product you bought back then and the product you can buy now are probably not the same quality.

yoyoyeo02

Maybe I missed something but what beef are you referring to? If you like their products - buy them. Who cares what anyone else thinks :naw:

I have just seen a lot of people bash RE in previous posts. My jeep already has a lift on it, but i was just wondering. Dont get me wrong, i am all about good ol made in the USA, but i also look for quality and how complete the kit is. Not trying to start something, just wondering if others had bad experience.

YoYo

Christarp

I don't mind my 3.5" RE Superflex kit. Works alright, and the bushings are still fine after 2 years or so. It's stiff, and a fairly "not great" ride on the road. However, it came with the track bar bracket in back and a track bar in front, and braided brake lines, and all the little things. I'm happy with the extra metal in the control arms over stock, and the lift works just fine and is fairly complete so :idontknow:

tobias lopez

I don't mind my 3.5" RE Superflex kit. Works alright, and the bushings are still fine after 2 years or so. It's stiff, and a fairly "not great" ride on the road. However, it came with the track bar bracket in back and a track bar in front, and braided brake lines, and all the little things. I'm happy with the extra metal in the control arms over stock, and the lift works just fine and is fairly complete so :idontknow:

Same here so far so good. But if I could do it all over I would just save my money and buy the ORE CO.

Great product that has been tested and proven on the road and trails.

Just my 2 cents.

noroad

well i have rubicon express so sorry if it comes off as bashing but there joints blow still, i dont care if they changed the name. they are the hardest things to grease and wear fast, please argue that i dont keep up to date on my jeep lol. that being said i like what i have outside of the joints.

SFNick

if I'm not mistaken RE parts are still maufactured in the usa just owned by transamerica (parent company).

Not sure if I'm right thou.

Well, some of their parts might be but I just took a quick look on their website & no where did I see mentioned made in America. I do know that my brother has a pair of RE leaf springs on his XJ & they say Made in India on the side.

tobias lopez

Well, some of their parts might be but I just took a quick look on their website & no where did I see mentioned made in America. I do know that my brother has a pair of RE leaf springs on his XJ & they say Made in India on the side.

Ya I agree I been looking everywhere only thing I found was a article from back in 2011 when they got bought saying RE will still be manufactured in the US. How much of it Is true i dunno.

SFNick

Uh, did some of you look at some of the parts of your jeep "Made in America" when you bought it?

I'll emphasize the word prefer. Sometimes you can't help but buy what's available to you. I prefer to buy American Made when I can.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have just seen a lot of people bash RE in previous posts. My jeep already has a lift on it, but i was just wondering. Dont get me wrong, i am all about good ol made in the USA, but i also look for quality and how complete the kit is. Not trying to start something, just wondering if others had bad experience.

To be fair, you were seeing a lot of people who were sharing their "bad experiences". You just didn't like what you heard and dismissed it as "bashing".

TheDuff

Here was an experience I recently had with an RE kit, thankfully not on my jeep. An xj in front of me suffered this break on a just installed RE lift. The bung appeared to be just tacked in place, then powder coated. Not a fun break with no welder handy...

Attachments

• 1425624876205.jpg
    1425624876205.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 107

williamw1192

I have an RE 3.5 flex kit installed since 2011 and have had no problems. Only thing I did was change the shocks from billstein to fox 2.0.

Top Bottom