XJ Lift Suggestions

Xj_Ernesto

So Ive been looking for XJ lift kits and was wondering if any of ya'll have any suggestions on what I should run. Been looking at the IronRock (running 35's)

tdijet

So Ive been looking for XJ lift kits and was wondering if any of ya'll have any suggestions on what I should run. Been looking at the IronRock (running 35's)

I've been running the Rock Krawler triple threat 6.5" and it's been good. Sadly RK discontinued their XJ stuff. I know a guy running Iron Rock gear and he likes it. But If I had to choose now? I'd go with Clayton's set-up.

JamesNZ

I'm currently running the 8" kit from IRO, I got the springs compressed and leafs reset to lower it 2"s as it was sitting far too high. It's still sitting far too high even on 33s. I'm going to trim more guard and come down another couple inches to around a 4" lift and run 37s. The kit itself isn't too bad, it's about what you would expect for a radius arm setup rather than a true 3 link, it seems to articulate better one way than the other. Good value kit, but personally if I started mods again id be looking at piecing a true 3 or 4 link together and around a 4.5" lift. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435928905.016687.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Since nobody asked, how big of a tire are you hoping to run? That'll determine how tall of a lift you'll need and what might be a good recommendation for you.

xj-jake

The IRO stuff is top notch. I've run 2 different setups on 2 different XJ's. Currently I'm running their 6 1/2 Long Arm setup. It flexes like no other and runs down the road just fine. I had to trim to keep the 34's from rubbing. If I had to do it again I'd look at Iron Man Andy's lifts. Beefy as hell and he's always making the stuff better. Not saying I wouldn't still put in the IRO but this would be a top contender

http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/

TwistedJK

I ran a rustys 4.5" spring kit with 2" spacers for three years on my '99, along with all the front end bracing (steering box brace, etc.). I was running 33's and trimmed a lot off of my fenders. I never had a problem with any of their components. A friend of mine is currently running their 6.5" long arm kit and 35's. He hasn't cut the fenders yet and rubs backing out of his driveway in the rear.

JamesNZ

I agree find your tyre size first.

One of the first thing I noticed with the IRO kit is the drop pitman quite a bit longer than standard, it puts a lot of extra leverage on the steering box, enough to get it to start making unusual noises. I made a custom steering box brace using pipe clamps some solid tube and 4mm plate steel - problem gone.

Last edited:

Petej

I'll chime in...

For 31x10.50's with minimal/no trimming an RE (or equivalent) 3.5" Lift kit will work.

If you are using OE 15" wheels, the tires will rub the LCA's on full lock.

sean112280

I'm running the Zone ofrroad 4.5" full leaf kit on 33's. Good kit not terribly expensive. See my pics and posts in the cherokee section.

BadApple

I'm running 5.5 inch jeep speed front coils with an essentially offroad longarm 4 link and the top leaf from the xj with a s10 leafs under it and teraflex revolver shackles

Top Bottom