Height of a of JK on 4" lift with 35's?

RDO_23

Hey there guys,
just a quick question I was hoping you could help with:

I've found a 2013 JK that I'm thinking about buying.
Ideally, I'm thinking of going with a 4" lift and 35's... but I want to make sure that the lifted JK will fit into my garage.

Does anyone know the roof height of a JK with a 4" lift and 35's?

Thanks in advance.
Bob

Hey there guys,
just a quick question I was hoping you could help with:

I've found a 2013 JK that I'm thinking about buying.
Ideally, I'm thinking of going with a 4" lift and 35's... but I want to make sure that the lifted JK will fit into my garage.

Does anyone know the roof height of a JK with a 4" lift and 35's?

Thanks in advance.
Bob

Why not go with 37s on the 4 inch? But if you are worried about height go with around a 3 inch lift on 35s (you could go even less lift if you wanted too). I have a 4inch on 37s and I can fit in my garage but I do not have a roof rack. All roof racks are different heights so can't really help you there

BlackHawk08jk

Mine has a 4 inch rc lift 35' nittos half tread, and sets at 74.5 inches at the to. (Soft top dont know it hard top would be taller)

JRied

Mine has a 4 inch rc lift 35' nittos half tread, and sets at 74.5 inches at the to. (Soft top dont know it hard top would be taller)

I did math wrong sorry so I'm editing. My jeep had 3" front and 35s and I went into a 6'6 garage and had 2 inches to spare, couldn't say the same for my cb antenna tho

Last edited:

Wardell

This is a tough one to answer. The inch ratings for lifts and tire sizes printed on the sidewall are really just good to check to ensure everything will fit without any rubbing issues, but there is a bit more that comes into play that makes it hard to predict the final overall height of the vehicle.

Pretty much every brand of lift kit will give you more lift than what it's rated for, sometimes well over an inch more than advertised. The main reason for that is because the weight of your Jeep can be different depending on whether the rest of it is light and stock or weighed down by a winch, steel bumpers, armour, etc. Basically, they want to ensure that you get at least as much lift as advertised after the springs have settled even if you have a very heavy Jeep. That way, you'll be sure of what size tires you can fit under it, regardless of what the Jeep weighs.

On the other side, all tires will be smaller than advertised. That's because when they give their measured dimensions, they use a particular width wheel within the range the tire was designed to fit, and measure at max inflation pressure without being mounted on a vehicle. By the time you have these mounted on your wheels, compressed by the weight of the Jeep, and inflated to the right pressure to give an even wear pattern (could be just around half of the tire's max pressure depending on the brand), you've lost over an inch from the advertised max diameter.

That said, 4" is a lot of lift for 35" tires. With that combination, I'm thinking you will be very close to the height of a standard 7' garage door, too close to call really. You should be able to fit those tires fine with as little as a 2.5" lift, and you can even fit 35s with no lift and trimmed or flat fenders (and possibly trimming pinch seams if they're not already done). That might be something for you to consider.

JRied

Only reason I'm positive on my front end height was because I measured my coil the way wayalife suggests to find my lift the day before I entered the garage and it was exactly 3" more then the stock coil. My tires are procomp with 17k miles and good tread they say 35x12.5 but idk what the actual tire size is because it varies

But some 4" lifts give you 5" up front so idk.... I'm done lol

RDO_23

This is awesome info - thanks guys.

Maybe I only need a 3" lift with 35's...?... good to know.

My current ride is a 08 Tacoma with a 3" coil over lift and 33's and if fits without any issues. Roof height is 74"
A stock JK unlimited sits at 71"

I just measured, my old 1954 house has a garage door entry height of 82"
- might just be time to get a new house eh?

MarkW13

This is awesome info - thanks guys.

Maybe I only need a 3" lift with 35's...?... good to know.

My current ride is a 08 Tacoma with a 3" coil over lift and 33's and if fits without any issues. Roof height is 74"
A stock JK unlimited sits at 71"

I just measured, my old 1954 house has a garage door entry height of 82"
- might just be time to get a new house eh?

I'm running a 2" bb with 35's. Tons of room to get in the garage. You can run 35's with a leveling kit and cut fenders. I'm planning on running 37's with evo coilovers set at the lowest point (about 3.5"). The wheel wells are so huge in a jk that it doesnt take much lift to clear big tires.

Top Bottom