Great Way To Remove Plasti Dip!

tonytony9

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to share a quick method of removing plasti dip from rims. This isn't a full blown tutorial just a short thread.

I am redoing my spare rim and needed to get the plasti dip off. I didn't put enough layers a few months back so peeling it off was not going to cut it.

Take some WD-40 and rub it all over the areas covered in Plasti Dip.

Let it soak up for around 15 minutes.

Then take a rag and rub it off.

Also, you going to want a degreaser to remove the excess wd-40. I found this in my basement and it worked like a charm. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425834659.661399.jpg

Hope this helps if anyone is having trouble removing it!

USMC Wrangler

Great reminder! Thanks! I need to remove it from all five wheels for a tire swap soon. It's been on there since July "13 and I think I did enough coats (5-6).

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Great reminder! Thanks! I need to remove it from all five wheels for a tire swap soon. It's been on there since July "13 and I think I did enough coats (5-6).

Yea with 5-6 coats you should have no issues pulling it off. I had no problem with 6 coats for my grill when I redid it last year.

JRied

I peel mine off but I do 5-6 good coats... For hard to reach spots I just spray goo-gone and wait 5 min then hose it off... No oily residue....

tonytony9

Ya mine has been on since May and I am just waiting till it get warm to do a full respray of all the wheels.

Some kids peeled it off my spare so it was already so spotty I couldn't really just pull it off

Top Bottom